PP: AMC & OLTL to air twice weekly

• Members

Girl, just give it up. It's like trying to get through to Helen Keller. It reminds me of the people that get on their perch and proclaim "I hate drama..." and then proceed to stir up trouble when everything's calm.

If Facebook users comments bother these people so much, why don't they have it out with them on the Facebook page? I see absolutely no purpose in bringing that mess over to this board, regardless of how stupid I might agree those users come across. I mean, really. Did Tracey Brandon, whoever the hell that bitch is, and her stupidity have to be part of the AMC Monday episode discussion?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, I know but so far these episodes are not a part of that service.

I believe that the channels that are a paid service began as paid service. Hopefully TOLN wouldn't turn around and start charging for YT, especially when Hulu is already free with ads. I can't say with any certainty that they wouldn't change mid-stream but so far, all the content on their You Tube channel is free. My understanding is that anyone who goes on a paid subscription channel on You Tube knows from jump that it is not free.

• Members

I just logged onto hulu.. and OLTL is #5 so far, and AMC is #10 (the episode from yesterday). I wonder if PP is deciding the views based on unique views, general views? Will they count only the views from the first 24 hours? I would hope that eventually PP will decide that views completed as the initial 24 hour view will be counted toward the minimum view goal of 500,000 per episode

• Members

Why is he comparing AMC/OLTL to News Room and True Blood? he is saying they don't have to share the same sets so these shows shouldnt. Did I miss something? Also, it wouldn't be hard for AMC/OLTL 500,000 like someone on that podcast suggested because of the strong brand recognition. Also, they were even saying that you can't promo 2 episodes a week then FINALLY someone said primetime shows, which are twice a week, are promoted.

• Members

My problem is when they claim the beats are so terrible on AMC and OLTL compared to other soaps. That's not so - both are faster-paced shows, but with the exception of a few key bits on OLTL at the beginning with Todd and Victor (which are now being revealed to be more complex than we previously thought) I think they take at least as much time for character as the hour shows, if not more. I also find the storytelling on both shows a lot more contemporary and sophisticated than, say, GH.

There are things to complain about on each show, for sure, but they haven't hit the right ones. They also barely discussed the actual stories on each show. Still, listening to those people is an exercise in aggravation these days and I don't do it much more anymore. They get some things very right, and I was glad they discussed the T.J. business on GH. But they have a very cursory knowledge of OLTL pre-2004, they don't call GH on long-running problems with this team going back years (specifically, Ron and Frank's casual disregard for most characters of color as anything beyond tokens - this isn't a problem that just now cropped up with T.J.) and a lot of their sensibility is basically grounded in primetime soaps from 25 years ago. They focus very much on the moment, and that's a problem sometimes - especially these days. It's what got so many soaps cancelled.

I think it's right to be concerned about these shows' futures with all the drama and schedule changes. I don't think it's right to basically already start ignoring them. DC only just started acknowledging that these shows existed and might be half-decent.

Archived