Sleepy Hollow: Discussion Thread

• Members

Exactly. It's the exact opposite of what makes for good sci-fi/fantasy television. This show completely destroyed what they had in S1. It used to be can't miss for me. Now I don't watch at all unless I see some decent chatter on line.

Edited by marceline

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

SpoilerTV posted a synopsis of of the season finale and the message boards and Twitter went so crazy that Fox requested they take the synopsis down. I won't mention the specific spoiler but it left a bad taste in my mouth too.

Lawd what a mess. LOL!

Edited by marceline

• Members

Even I've given up. They could have used Katrina as an obstacle. I think it would have made a lot of sense to do so, since Crane wouldn't be the type to dump his wife. Also, I do think shows lose their sizzle once the couple people are rooting for is together. Yet they really don't play up the longing between Abby and Crane and that is why this has become one huge fail, imo.

• Members

It’s interesting that you mentioned that because my friend thinks because the fan response to Katrina has been so overwhelmingly negative they actually tweaked the last few episodes to re-connect Abbie and Crane. I had to remind her that it’s always been negative but given the fact that Mison is now giving interviews stating Crane is in love with Abbie then the folks at SH know season 3 ain’t happening. I agree with Juliajms that they don’t play into their chemistry as they go out of their way to downplay it. The premise of the show was about them being the two witnesses and the narrative revolved around them. All Crane ever talked about was their bond and even though there was no sexual or romantic tension their playful banter and interactions showcased how much they really cared about each other. They had me for life at the beginning of the season when Abbie was stuck in purgatory and Crane promised he would return for her. When they reunited the hugs that followed were EEE! worthy. I personally don’t need them to be romantically involved but their connection since then has been completely erased. Abbie being relegated to token sidekick and playing babysitter to Crane and Katrina’s marital woes is offensive. I skimmed parts of the interview the EP recently gave and when asked about Katrina the arrogant fool seems almost resigned to the fact that all his efforts to make her a lead failed miserably.

Are you surprised audiences haven’t warmed up more to Katrina?

The role of writers on a show is you have to fall in love with all of your characters — every one of them — and try to tell the stories from their point-of-view and make sure everyone understands where they are coming from. We’ve all done our best here and Katia is such a fantastic actress. There are a lot of people who have really enjoyed the way that story has borne out and others haven’t.

• Members

That spoiler is precisely why I have no problem side-eyeing the hell of one of the writers when they'd taken to Twitter to complain about this show not being promoted by airing commercials during ratings-winner Empire. Around this time last year, you were lauded as one of the best new shows of the season because what Empire is doing now - putting Black characters front and center - and was on track to garner those big numbers. Instead of continuing to build that momentum so that you'd be able to stand tall next to the hot new show on the block, you threw away what was working and decided to focus on what never did.

No shade to Nicole, Lyndie, and Orlando, but I can't say that I'll be mad at all if this show doesn't get renewed for season 3.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I watched Monday's ep and it was pretty good ( the episode before was a huge clusterfuck. You mean to tell me that Icabbie had a library filled with books to help them with their mission and they decided they had to blow the joint up right that second without leaving with a few books? Not to mention a holographic Thomas Jefferson?! *sigh* I digress...) Evil Katrina is the only way this character works. I'll miss Henry but since they traveled back in time he'll show up sooner or later if they're renewed for season 3. Crane and Abbie made so many references to their "bond" clearly the writers are listening. When the colonial guys asked Abbie for her papers and she responded "this is wrong on so many levels" I muttered who you tellin'. If they are renewed for a third season I seriously need them to do something with Nicole's facial expressions. The excessive blinks and mouth contortions are really distracting.