Sleepy Hollow: Discussion Thread

• Members

Love this show and I hope to discuss it here. Something I didn't do last season but looking forward to it as the second season has begun.

The best, best part of this show is Ichabod and his fish out of water routine. Those moments to me are the best.

When Abbie told him last year, "I have some good news and bad news. Which one do you want first?" And he answers, "Is this a riddle?" I mean the natural flawless humor is so refreshing.

That whole birthday cup cake - make a wish scene. That was too funny. That - must learn to drive. Hilarious!!!

Now I must admit, I do read a lot of spoilers and even some recaps and reviews before I watch the show. Crazy I know. But it's still so much fun to watch and better to understand. And even then I have to re-watch.

I must admit I am an Abbie and Ichabod fan. I loved that wonderful hug and couldn't stop watching that scene a few times. But even so, I think a little romance this season between them two will spoil the show. Maybe in season four or five (if we get one). For now, I read the fan fiction. Besides, I can't wait to see Ichabod a little jealous once the new guy in town shows up. I can't wait for that.

Well, I love to write and talk, talk, talk.....and post.

I am always late to the party cause I got NFL football to watch but here I am.

~Milo

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

After much annoyance from my friend begging me to check this show out, I decided to catch the last three episodes of the first season (since these are the only free episodes on OnDemand and everything prior I have to pay). If anyone know where I can catch season1 for free please PM me. There's no denying that Abbie and Crane have insane chemistry but I'm not ready to ship them. I like the fact that the writers are acutely aware of their chem and plays into it. The two emotional hugs in the season opener were well done. In last night's ep when Abbie said her faith in Crane was her biggest weakness it was great. She could have just as easily said he was her biggest weakness. When he said he is just as devoted to being a witness as he is to his wife and the camera pans to Abbie her expression is blank. The writers play just the right beats with them that always leaves you wondering, if not secretly hoping just a teensy bit they'll actually go there with them. Since I haven't seen most of Season 1 and Ichabod is suppose to be over 200 years old, how is it possible that Henry is his son? Shouldn't he be more of the time line towards at least his fourth great grand son? I'm not sure how long it took Crane to save his wife from Purgatory but I too would have wondered why it took Crane decades to save her and with Abby, not so much. I like the special effects on this show. The show never takes itself too seriously and yet in a way it does.

• Members

Money - The age difference between Ichabod and his son Henry (aka Jeremy) is tricky.

Ichabod was buried secretly by his wife Katrina who happens to be a witch. Looks like (and no they didn't explain it) Katrina put a spell on Ichabod at burial and that explains his non-aging process. At least that's what I think.

The son I am not sure about. Henry was killed when he was young. And he was put in a pine box under the ground for a very look time as well. I'd say 200 years. He should have come out, much, much more older if an anti-aging spell was not put on him.

I try not to dwell on this matter even I though I would love some answers. I just don't want to drive myself crazy.

As far a Purgatory, in Abbie's case Crane LEFT her there. They went in together and he took out Katrina and left Abbie in place. So he knew where to find her. In Katrina's case, she had to call out for him. He didn't know where she was. He was new to all of this. He didn't know that Katrina was a witch and that he had been buried and now he is suppose to be a witness......on and on. And then once he did, he didn't even know how to get there. Henry was the one who started to give them clues and maps and rules. Of course, they were all tricks. Henry is so pissed off at being abandoned that he is now working for his adopt father - Moloch.

~Milo

• Members

The Kindred episode I liked after watching it twice. At first I wasn't too thrilled. I guess it's because I had seen a lot of the scenes in this episode as spoiler clips. But now I like the fact that there are all these different monster out loose in Sleepy Hollow. Hot Dog! What a mess.

They put Kindred together to fight off Horseless and now he rode off into midnight with the rest of them. I thought that was too funny.

That was a wonderful twist the writers did with Katrina. Yeah, let her stay and be a spy. After all I am an Ichabbie. tongue.png

Good to see Orlando Jones.

But Henry is the best. He is up to no good and he is never going to quit. He plays all sides as evil from Moloch right arm.

They are going to need Katrina to develop her long lost powers to help Ichabod and Abbie fight and to give her son a good spanking. And maybe by season's end, he'll snap out of it.

~Milo

• Members

It looks like they do have the past episodes of Sleepy Hollow on Hulu.

I really like the new guy! A lot! He's going to fit into the scheme so well, and I love that Ichabod is already kind of wary/jealous of him. I'm happy Ichabod can now buy a beer. Good episode. I was kind of thrown by the sheriff giving Abbie the file on her mother. I was expecting there to be something more nefarious and secretive.

• Members

The first three episodes I think were free. The rest I had to subscribe to HuluPlus but since they're offering a promotion I'm good lol. Thanks for directing me to Hulu Dragonflies.

I hate the new guy because he's out of place. The blonde, surfer dude character isn't working for me and isn't gelling with the distinctive style of she show. He was added to create tension for Ichabod and Abbie and given her character she wouldn't give him the time of day, let alone romantically. I'm really impressed with the diversity with this show and I love the sheriff. We're suppose to hate her but I think she'll end up being one of the good guys. John Noble is fantastic in the role.

ETA: Abbie threw so much shade at Katrina throughout the eppy I think she's starting to resent her.

Edited by Money

• Members

Nice episode but I am feeling NO chemistry with the new guy Nick Hawley. I didn't think he fit into the whole Sleepy Hollow story. Perhaps later. But of all the character pass and present, this guy is just blah......... Maybe later. But for now, he bores me. And as for looks.......he is okay. Tom Mison, I am still looking at you. You're the star baby. No distractions love. Watching all the Ichabod and Abbie scenes all over again.

What we need is someone a little more like Andy. Someone whose connected to one of the witnesses and wants to help yet he has his own agenda.

I saw no jealousy in Ichabod. More like he couldn't stand Nick but no jealousy.

Nah. Where is Andy? Bring him back.

John Noble - Now he is shuttin' down baby! Every episode he gets better. Go on with your BAD SELF. Henry - You are bad to the bone and I know it but I love it. That scene with Ichabod at the Police Station. Total disrespect for his father. Bad, rude and sarcastic. You go boy! Ichabod I hope you give Henry a good spanking by the end of the season.

The new sheriff ain't too bad. At least she fits in. She is aggressive, got a mouth but I see where it's all good for the story.

Abbie is still having trust issues with Crane and the fact that Katrina is now here and she's trying to win back her son.

Great writing. I think we have at least started the tricky season season on a good note.

~Milo

• Members

Hawley continues to stick out like a sore thumb and it's completely unrealistic that the Demon would leave him alive and chained no less to a stupid rock. The jokes felt forced in this ep but at least The Cap's revelation that he's being used by Henry and his purpose came out quickly. I get that Abbie is a cop but her attitude can be taken down several notches. She was dismissive and several times she kept ordering Ichabod around however the last scene with them and the cappuccino was really cute.

• Members

The cappuccino scene was cute. Notice how Abbie didn't hand Ichabod a napkin and tell him that he had foam on his mustache. Instead she grabbed a napkin and wiped it off. Doesn't even ask permission to wipe it off. Just grabs a napkin. Like you do with a boyfriend you already know. What's up with that? Do we wipe foam off the mustache of a guy friend? I don't think so. Then he gets a bit embarrassed and helps himself. Nice move writer. Is that a subtle hint?

I am not liking the whole case of the week - monster of the week thing. Maybe once in a while. But for right now where is the loose Frankenstein? When and how is Katrina going to give up the Intel she finds? What's going on with her and Abraham? Where is Moloch? There are too many loose worms. The writer don't have to go giving new stories. I wanna see what more Henry is up too. More on Irving. And where is Jenny?

Still not feeling it for Hawley.

Tomorrow's episode is going to be sweet!!!!tongue.png

SPOILER SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

Don't read below if you don't wanna know.

SPOILER!!!!!!!

Ichabod and Abbie do yoga. HA!

And

There is a female from season one that has a crush on Ichabod. She tries to make a move on Ichabod and he has to clarify that he is married.

~Milo

• Members

According to an Entertainment Weekly article ratings are at an all time low and I'm wondering about the longevity of the show. This season feels much different than the first. Too many new characters and the show needs to focus more on the witness aspect and the bond between Abbie and Crane rather than the case/monster of the week. Henry's airtime is diminished and he's now become a caricature. I don't care about Jenny or Hawley. Ever since Headless became "humanized" shacking up with Katrina the awe factor is no longer there which is a huge mistake. Whatever happened to that monster they created a few weeks ago that helped them and rode off into the night? That's a huge loose end. A pet peeve of mine is Abbie and her acting. I have not seen the actress in anything outside of SH but she excessively blinks and does this smacking thing with her mouth. I wish she would stop. They need to get back to basics quickly or this will become another good show no one cares about.

• Members

This seems to be another show that didn't know why it was a success. Fans praised the diversity, so they brought in more white guys and gave less airtime to the POC. Fans complained about Katrina, so they get the same, or even more.

I don't think it helps that Tom Mison is just so vacuous as an actor. When I watch he's just taking up space for me.

I was mostly interested in Abbie's sister, and she seems to be there now for just a sister love triangle, which I doubt anyone wants to see.