Sleepy Hollow: Discussion Thread

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

British accents are a dime a dozen on TV now. If not for his scenes with Abbie I wouldn't notice him. It's too bad because I get the feeling the show sees her as more disposable and think he and Katrina are where the audience should be.

• Members

I knew there was a show I forgot to comment on. I had to play catch up this weekend. This was a good eppy :) I'd like for moms to go but the daughter should stay. Amandla is a really good actress.

Icky still has not changed clothes? I can only hope he bathes regularly. Nichole gets more stunning with each passing eppy. I hope she gets more movie work. She and Jurnee S are true talents and HW is just mistreating them.

• Members

Not often shows surprise me, but Henry being Jeremy did and it made me laugh at the same time. I thought it served them right that he gave Katrina to Abraham and threw Ichabod in the grave for abandoning Abby in purgatory. I could not believe that Ichabod did that.

• Members

I don't think Ichabod had any intention of "abandoning" Abby, and Abby probably would have sacrificed herself anyway even if there were no potential for her to be rescued from Purgatory, so it wasn't the betrayal that was prophesied. But when Crane and Abby hugged, the expression on Katrina's face made me think she wasn't going to return to purgatory willingly and she looked a little bit jelly. I loved the scenes with Abby and Jenny. This was a terrific cliffhanger in every way. Is Jenny dead? Is Lt. Irving just going to prison? Will Abby escape from purgatory? THAT's how you do a cliffhanger. And we won't have new episodes until fall!!! I can't stand it!

• Members

Yes it was!

The Sin-Eater was my favorite sec-character after Jenny. Loved his musings on family, faith, bonds and etc. He had some great dialogue whenever he appeared. John Noble was fantastic in delivering every line. He seemed so caring and loving toward both Icky & Abbie and one time mention them being like family. What a twist that it was all a trick. Henry always insisted that no one touch him. Very curious about what would happen if someone did. I just knew someone would touch him accidently. Even in heightened situations (the carnival in "Golem" and tonight at the graveyard) where your natural impluse to help someone in need kicks in no one ever did.

Nicole Beharie just seemed to glow during this finale. She is gorgeous.

Edited by Kapricorn

• Members

Thanks dragonflies. It makes me nervous and more anxious for Season 2 to arrive, all at the same time. Everything about this show is just so smart. They tell this supernatural story, and yet it's not campy IMO. They have all the gags surrounding Crane's lack of knowledge about the environment he now lives in, and technology, and it's amusing and cute, but doesn't get hammy. The more I hear from the writers the more I appreciate it. I think this series will be one for binge viewings when time allows. Perhaps several. I know I'd rather watch this again than new episodes of many other shows.