Prospect Park Sues ABC Over ‘One Life To Live’ & ‘All My Children’ Licensing Agreement

• Members

I am well aware that the point being made is that they are well within their legal rights to do so and that nobody is arguing about the reason. I was simply responding to a comment about the lawsuit not being over the actors, just the roles.

Clearly you give a s.hit, otherwise you wouldn't be rude about it.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm annoyed because you all keep quoting the one person that is speaking to the actual legal basis of the issue and saying "Well Tomas never appeared" or "They never said he was Alcazar so no harm no foul" Those aren't legal arguments and are only confusing the issue.

Again, stop talking about the actors. That's old hat. This lawsuit has nothing to do with RH, KA, or ME, at least directly. Indirectly, maybe, but it's all speculation which is why I say who gives a sh!t?

The whole point is that from a legal standpoint, what PP is doing is perfectly justified.

• Members

Ooookay...

Moving away from the Tomas foolywang, my point about the actors, Crystal_Ann, was that Prospect Park's position is no different than ABC's position which is why they blocked the actors from going over to Prospect Park. They wanted the actors in their OLTL roles to draw the OLTL viewers to General Hospital. Prospect Park wants the same "courtesy" but can't because ABC signed 2/3 of them into contracts. That's where it gets tricky and seems as though ABC was trying to "sabotage" Prospect Park.

I'm not saying anyone is a victim, I'm just stating that Prospect Park's position is valid. ABC was sneaky. They used OLTL characters with their original actors portraying them, but then made it so Prospect Park, who actually has the rights to the characters, can't do the same. That's shady. To me, it's akin to you letting someone borrow your car and them bringing it back to you with a couple of dings and an empty gas tank with them saying, "Oh, well! You'll figure it out!"

• Members

Its not petty for PP to protect the investments they paid millond into. ABC is petty here. Wanting to still have control as PP pays all the money and ABC doesnt. However ABC still profits. That is so ABC shady.

• Members

That's a matter of personal opinion. It could appear petty but it could also be an attempt to set a precedent for future negotiations with these shows. If you let someone off the hook or roll over you one time, they'll think they can do it again. You view it as petty. I view it as strategic. Then again, you're sick with Horse Flu, so we know your views are a little wonky lately.

• Webmaster

“General Hospital” Hits Ratings High, But ABC Gets Sued By Online Soap Network

While clearly slanted towards ABC, I did like this part:

One of the complaints: that “GH” killed off two of the “OL” characters without asking. If the case makes it to trial, that would be one of the funniest discussions. Everyone knows that unless a character is killed on camera, no one actually dies on a soap opera. Even then, they can be revived. I refer you to Whoopi Goldberg complaining about a decapitated Kevin Kline returning to her show in the movie “SoapDish.” “I can’t write for a man without a head!” And yet, she did.

• Members

I realize this is beside the point, but does anyone else remember when Jack mentioned GL's cloning storyline on OLTL? Or when Joey (pre-Jake) Martin mentioned to Tad on AMC that Liza Colby had moved to Springfield (in reference, of course, to Marcy Walker's being on GL)? I wonder if those instances raised any red flags.

• Webmaster

Not sure what was said in relation to GL on OLTL, but if Tad said Liza moved to Springfield, I don't see a problem with it. Springfield could be Springfield from The Simpsons or any number of towns in the US or beyond. If they said she specifically lives in the same town as Reva Shayne and Josh Lewis, then there would be something there.

Archived