Prospect Park Sues ABC Over ‘One Life To Live’ & ‘All My Children’ Licensing Agreement

• Members

One more on the Tomas factor. Yes GH never said he was Alcazar but know OLTL cant pick up this story at all. Given that Alcazar is a GH character, PP cant use him at al in OLTL without ABC's ok. ABC screwed PP there as well.

Do U even understand what BREACH of contract means. Just because U hate PP doesnt mean ABC can [!@#$%^&*] on them whenever they want & PP shouldnt be able to defend themselves. SMDH

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
ABC didnt screw PP over. PP does not need to make a story out of it (and why would they want to?). All they need to do is bring Tomas back and explain his absense from the past few months. They could have him make a throwaway line about "now that that whole double identity thing has been settled, etc...". He doesnt even need to be back for this as Tea or Blair would suffice without ever mentioning the name Alcazar at all

• Members

How did you get I hate PP when I really don't give 2 chits about them? They are dumb asses, plain and simple!

And why would it be impossible to pick up Tomas' story when, as you say, GH never established that he was Alkie?

Blair to Tea "the DNA is back and Tomas is your brother AND he's been closely followed by the FBI and they determined he is who we thought he was".

Problem solved and not one mention of Alkie!

What am I missing?

• Members

ABC Overstepped there by even alluding that Tomas a OLTL character is really Alcazar a GH role. That could be seen as them sabotaging OLTL by messing with a OLTL character GH doesnt have the legal right to use. That is the ISSUE here

• Members
but that doesnt affect anything in the long run as they never established that the two characters are one and the same. Its only an issue if you make it one bc as Chit and I tried to lay out in our previous posts, that its virtually a nonissue. No permanent damage was done to Tomas as he was never used.

• Members
Dont tell me what I dont and dont understand. In YOUR original post that I responded to, you said ABC screwed PP over bc they now cant use Tomas anymore bc of what GH wrote. You are missing the point that what GH wrote does NOT prevent PP from using Tomas. I dont know how else to explain that to you but you can ignore it and continue to think that Tomas is now untouchable

• Members

There are two issues with Tomas on this ABC vs. PP

1) PP never gave GH the rights to use Tomas but GH used him in a story arc. That is the big issue and is breach of contract.

2) secondary issue is that Gh implied the possibility that Tomas is really Lorenzo a GH character. No they never confirmed he was but this does put PP in a spot siince they have no legal right to use the Lorenzo character if they want to ever address this again.

• Members

John, seriously. What do you care about Tomas? I'm thinking you are as passionate about Tomas as PP was, and we all know that amounts to nothing.

While we are accusing folks of stuff, I'm just gonna say it. I'm seeing, in this thread, quite a bit of bitterness over losing AMC and OLTL, and now that PP is bringing them back, they are just so wonderful so this makes them right in all this. Some of you want the 3 performers back just as much as PP does and might not care about OLTL [as much as you think you do] unless you have them (some of you, not all).

I mean no disrespect at all, but some of this passion is a bit transparent to me. You want ABC nailed for canceling your shows - am I wrong?

• Members
Now you're just repeating yourself and still ignoring what was said. Okay.....

So when is PP gonna sue ABC over using Stuart Chandler in the GH script and establishing that he's reconnected with Skye? Im sure ABC never had any legal grounds to write anything about Stuart

• Members

Because by Using Tomas which ABC didnt have the right to do since PP never loaned Toomas to ABC, ABC has breached the agreement. Case closed.

They could if PP didnt allow Gh to do it, yes, but i dont think they would. It was just a passing remark by Skye. It didnt possibbly alter story for AMC.

Archived