Prospect Park Sues ABC Over ‘One Life To Live’ & ‘All My Children’ Licensing Agreement

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love you, too, MRK! <3

But my crush aside, I'm not even approaching this with a bias. All My Children, under Prospect Park, seems to be relatively intact, and that's all I care about. However, my main point is the fact that people praised GH's inclusion of the Llanview characters because it was a way to "Keep OLTL/Llanview ALIVE!" Okay... Llanview has been resurrected! Now, suddenly, the same characters that were championed as being used to keep Llanview alive suddenly shouldn't be in Llanview anymore? What's the damn deal?

• Members

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I am confused as to what percentage of AMC & OLTL is owned by PP and what percentage is owned by ABC. (I originally thought that ABC still owned 100% of both shows, though I am now uncertain.)

• Members

They were attempting to negotiate with ABC to get the actors to also do OLTL not to get the characters back. They didn't have to negotiate that since the characters are licenced to them. Normally I would also be enjoying ABC get hoisted on it's own pretard but in this I'm on their side because they did nothing wrong in giving the actors a long term contract and then offering them new roles when John, Todd and Starr could no longer be used, which is clearly the real reason why PP is suing. Judging from some of their complaints, it seems that PP thought that if they agreed to loan the characters so the actors could stay employed that the actors would return to OLTL if it was revived. PP has been just as incompetent as ABC, they should have made sure that the actors would return to OLTL if it was re-launched before loaning the characters.

• Members

Thanks for so quickly responding to my question. I long believed that was the case, but somehow became confused that part ownership may have transferred to PP because so much time elapsed since the original revival attempt failed. (I thought that perhaps there was a provision in the contract that allowed for this to happen.)

• Members

Thank you! This is basically the bottom line. PP could have taken their characters and been on their way, but they wanted the performers so they got in bed with ABC/GH. ABC have been ODBs for many many many years, and no one is disputing that, but poor PP? I don't [&#33;@#&#036;%^&amp;*] think so!

Archived