Prospect Park Sues ABC Over ‘One Life To Live’ & ‘All My Children’ Licensing Agreement

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Off Topic but have we heard anything else from the Dobsons suing GH a few years ago??

I looked up one of the articles and found this quote:

An ABC spokesperson said, "We have not been served with the lawsuit. We have no comment."

Here is the link to that BTW

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/column-post/abc-sued-over-general-hospital-revenues-26861

That quote seems very familiar. Gee I wonder why....

• Members

I don't think so. Anna's point of origin, if you will, occurred on GH. They created the character, so they "own" her. If AMC wanted her back, they'd have to negotiate with ABC.

You can thank Angela "Synergy" Shapiro for this mess.

• Members

This I think is neither here nor there. I would LOVE to see the return or new Wolek's much more than any of these three characters, frankly. But...

The same could be asked about why GH cares so much about the characters when they have done next to nothing for ratings and GH could always bring back some Hardys. The fact is for whatever reason (I certainly don't know what--but I know you're a fan,) RH as Todd is a VERY popular actor/character in the soap fan community. ME, even more baffling to me, must have a big fan base too since he always makes those lame magazine polls. They were both on the show when OLTL went off the air, and while PP hopes to bring back long lost fans and attract new fans, their immediate goal is to bring back the people who watched the show when it was canceled. These are recognizable actors and faces for those fans (look at all the crap the shows are already getting from fans claiming they are unrecognizable--and ones specifically wondering where Todd is--sadly, IMHO, you don't read the same clueless soap fans crying about not seeing Larry Wolek in the cast photos.)

I agree that at this point its petty, and PP should have paid more attention to what was going on the last year. It very well could be though that when the writers finally came in (Dec or Jan I guess?) PP just assumed they'd have all the characters per their agreement and wrote for them. I am pretty sure they knew what happened to Cole and Star, but of course now they're trying to amp up all their damages--and I do agree that it comes off as ridiculous (even if I think legally and technically they are right) and they should only have focused on the stuff like domain names and advertising.

But to suggest that these actors and characters have zero importance for the reboot (again, as much as I'm glad to have them gone) and instead they should create new fan favorites out of the Woleks misses the point completely.

• Members

I asked this 10 or so pages back lol. But I think it gets into how complex (and frankly stupid) all of this can get.

At this point, I would say Skye, as loathe as I am to say this, is a GH character. When the license was made she was a GH character for all intents and purposes. But technically I'm sure it could be argued--and I suspect when PP and ABC made the licensing agreement they even thought to bother going back and looking for characters like Skye who are a gray line as to what show they "belong" and come with. Maybe GH now should use Skye as a bargaining chip and make some sort of trade tongue.png "I raise you an Anna and Skye for a John and Todd!" -- a trade BTW I would be more than pleased with. (But PP doesn't seem to be aware of this if they do somehow have rights to her--if they brought up the Thomas nonsense, and the actor was never even on screen, than they certainly would have mentioned Skye's return last year.)

• Members

Skye Quartermaine is a GH character but I would argue (or more accurately, I would tell my lawyer to argue) that Skye Chandler is an AMC character. It would be a win-win for me if they brought back Skye by fixing her parentage. The issue around Lilah Rae could be handled by either killing her off (which I am definitely NOT suggesting) or saying that Skye sent her into hiding to protect her from Lorenzomas.

But, sigh..., the Skye issue doesn't matter since she's not coming back to AMC. Even though I think she would be a perfect addition.

Archived