Prospect Park Sues ABC Over ‘One Life To Live’ & ‘All My Children’ Licensing Agreement

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tomas physivally doesnt have to be seen on screen cheap. Fact is they wrote an arc with the character at the center of it. ABC had no right to do so. PP never loaned that character to ABC/GH. ABC Breached its contract on that move. Case closed.

• Members

Oh Moses smell the roses. You're right. GH's writing did nothing to hinder Tomas, who is a useless character and Prospect Park is a bunch of whiny babies.

Are you a Criminal Justice major? A Paralegal? A LAW STUDENT? Clearly F-Ing not.

It's spelt 'pretty.'

LOL This makes me happy that I mostly stay out of the ABC threads and always have. Talk about RABID!

Thank You. Kinda like they had to get Eileen Davidson's permission to show her picture on DAYS back in the day, no?

• Members

It's about rights to a character, not long-term damage. You can't sue because someone damaged your character. You sue because they USED YOUR CHARACTER WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSSION!!!

Brick. Freaking. Walls.

Seriously, it's not that complex of an issue you guys. It's been spelt out in terms of Reva Shayne, Felicia Gallant, and Annie Douglass. Do I need to bring Mason Capwell into this next? Because LORD knows if GH made Cameron be Mason Capwell, Bridget Dobson would be coming at them with a flucking vengeance!

• Members

It was also filed over the actors (I personally believe it was the only reason). Because they state in the document that ABC encouraged the actors not to cooperate with them and offered them different roles in the middle of PP's negotiations with certain actors, that has nothing to do with the OLTL roles.

• Members

I would, if anyone besides John had any inclination about the law. Instead, you're all arguing over "character damage" as though that is what merits the lawsuits.

Screw your head on, yo. I'm no genius but this is a pretty black and white issue.

This board truly gives itself too much credit sometimes.

Hogan Sheffer is stealing our story ideas.

Prospect Park is suing so SON can get 10,000 hits and have 6 posters uttering the same inane arguments that have no basis in the real issue.

Sorry Carl, but just no. SON isn't even a blip on the radar of this suit.

Oh for Pete's sake, nobody is arguing about the reason. I'm sure there's a MYRIAD of reasons that they're doing this. Who gives a s.hit?

The point being made is that they are well within their legal rights to do so, arc or no arc, character damage or no character damage, character appearance or character written into storyline.

Archived