Prospect Park Sues ABC Over ‘One Life To Live’ & ‘All My Children’ Licensing Agreement

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just posters wanting to bitch to other posters thats why....lol....

As long as the shows air is what counts...this is monetary damage case....I doubt ABC will lose any sleep over the lawsuit.....

You are giving me ideas with this...lol......

• Members

One further thing that strikes me. GH had to edit out any mentions whatsoever of the Llanview 3 by name. Isn't that because PP took back their licensed characters?

But based on that complaint GH never had any license rights to Tomas, Natalie, etc,so how could GH even mention them last year? What gave GH the right to show Natalie and Tomas' pictures onscreen without PP's permission? Seems to me Cartini just broadly assumed they could mention any OLTL characters and photos all last year. I want to know who fed them that assumption.

• Members

My example was not to show that Marceline's company were criminals because the neighbor actually wanted the outcome that Vee actually got. The point is that Vee could have decreased his damages to zero had he told the crew they were at the wrong house.

• Members
Bingo! Especially Natalie since Frank expressly said they weren't bringing Her because they did not/could not have the rights to the character. Although Ron continued to indicate in interviews that he would bring her at some point. Makes me wonder if after PP saw what happened to the original 7 OLTL characters they "loaned" to GH, they refused to loan them more. JVD actually said he was going to GH in his newsletter.

• Members
Not kidding. It was so jarring and hilarious! The 3 left on the 20th of March and the other characters could not say their names or even reference that they even existed. Johnny is in Jail for killing Cole and Hope, 2 characters who never existed in the GH universe.

• Members

I think it's ridiculous. But they brought it on themselves. They were offered an equitable solution and refused to take anything but the full house - which they were never entitled to.

And all this bullshit from a bunch of starstruck bloggers - "OLTL doesn't NEED them to succeed!" That's great! Neither does GH. If a crossover situation can be worked out, fine, but if not, the default is not "give them to GH because I want Ron and Frank to be happy." These are OLTL characters and OLTL property, you don't just steal something and then be like, "but you don't need it, right?"

It's not that OLTL needs these characters to succeed, it's that they have the right of first refusal, and they are entitled to that. The mistake too many of the blogs seem to be making is that they think Ron and Frank are the ones entitled to the characters by virtue of their personally being identified for so long with OLTL. That is not how the real world works. It doesn't matter how you feel about the guys. What matters is the facts.

Archived