DAYS cancelled in Australia after 45 years

• Members

The Nine Network has announced that the last episode will air Friday April 26th. No reason was given,just that they are readjusting their schedule.

Last week it won its timeslot against Dr Oz and Ready,Steady Cook.

A few years ago Y&R was cancelled by the same network and moved to a cable network.

That leaves B&B as the only soap still airing free to air.

Interesting to see what the backlash will be.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry, I can't feel sorry for the Aussies. Anyone that knows how to use Youtube can keep track of DOOL on a daily basis, canceled in their country or not. Wish we could have said the same for GL,ATWT, and up to recently OLTL and AMC.

• Members

Aww, that's too bad for Australians. It's not just something that affects Australians though. Less international revenue coming in could also mean Sony or whoever distributes the show internationally won't fight as hard for the show. I still have a lot more faith in Sony than I did with P&G fighting for GL and ATWT though, that's for sure.

Also the show in general is pretty quality right now, character-driven and compelling aside from one bad story that is ending.

• Members

The episodes they are showing in Australia are behind what we see here in the US. I wonder what is airing there now. If it was going into a bad period, I can understand that. I feel sorry for the viewers as trying to catch the backlog would be a pain.

Archived