GH 50: Discussion for the Month of April - May 3, 2013

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just another embarrassment from FRon. The energy put into the 3 and keeping them while GH turns into a campy joke is ridiculous! I've read about how they had Carly tap dance around mentioning Todd. Two of the 3 took up alot of airtime and given romances built from the bottom up only to have them abruptly leave and not mentioned again (for the time being). Michael asked Carly if she was ok on a show last week, and for the life of me, I wanted to shoot somebody. Why allow Michael to ask Carly that if she cannot say why? Michael's been up Starr's ass for an entire year, yet he can't even say her name or where she is (not that I mind). It's just such a sloppy mess. Ratchet! If 1/2 the effort put into those 3 were put into GH as a whole, this show would be off the chain! I wouldn't ever need a rewind button or a barf bucket while watching.

Praise jesus!

• Members

Today's show was kinda lame. I worked an early shift today, so I could see my Brenda live and they didn't even show VM. Fail on my part. And, yes, my co-workers think I am a loser for planning my work day around a soap opera. The relish story is just going on and on. I liked Carly/Bobbie today, but why oh why are we flashing back to Niz? Sigh....and poor Michael. What kid wants to talk about their dad's love life? Awkward. Plus, did I miss something? S&B's marriage fell apart because Brenda had feelings for Jax? Is Sonny still on that nonsense? And after spending months and months on this Kate/Connie stuff, why didn't they show us the decision onscreen to get treatment? I have a bad feeling they are integrating her super fast and off-screen to be in a triangle of suck with Sonny and Brenda.

• Members

It's so bizarre. Konnie's decision to get treatment is sort of the climax of the story and it was all done off-screen. I hate the Konnie story, but I feel like I would have liked to have seen the choices behind her finally getting treatment. And, honestly, they don't mention Jax or Brenda for months and months, but are all about dropping anvils today? Could RC do it a little more organically, so the talk of Jac and especially Brenda wasn't so out of the blue?

• Members

I thought Connie did decide to get treatment onscreen. It was in those scenes with MB a couple weeks ago that were basically the only truly good, human scenes in their entire horrible storyline. Then she disappeared and now we're being told she is in "therapy" offscreen.

That's a typical Ron decision though. He doesn't show the treatment.

• Members

I'd rather not see the treatment, the less oversaturation of this character the better IMO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Hold on to your hats! There are two great surprises tomorrow NO ONE knows about. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23GH50">#GH50</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23moresurprises">#moresurprises</a></p>&mdash; Frank Valentini (@valentinifrank) <a href="

1, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived