GH 50: Discussion for the Month of April - May 3, 2013

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Obnoxious as Tracy is, it is her relish and Duke stole it from her.

It is true AJ got on the stick and got the relish analyzed. Tracy was just sitting around with it. Still, it is hers, so I have little sympathy for AJ here. AJ could just find himself another goal in life - forget ELQ.

• Members

Not very unpopular at all. It would have been the "ending" to a long convuluted shitty trashy "storyline". The treatment was supposed to be what all of the rotgut was about, right? So now, we have to just chalk all of that garbage up to nothing just like everything else. A bunch of meaningless scenes that took up way too much airtime. When another alter returns, and it will, I hope he/she is suicidal (and successful at it).

But then again, how do you do treatment when the "writers" have no idea where to begin? The backstory has changed so many times, and Sonny said just yesterday that he has no idea who the host is, a statement that, amongst so many other things, throws the "I got DID because I was raped by JSJ" right out the window. Then Sonny goes on to say that he has no idea who the host will be when she returns? Huh? The hacks were just digging this hole deeper with each scene making Sonny look like a complete idiot.

Thank goodness those ratchet scenes were offset by the wonderfulness that was Bobbie and Carly wub.png

• Members

If it wasn't for Bobbie reminding the Slagbeast that she is a ratchet waste of space, I'd have skipped their scenes yesterday.

I'll say it once again - my AJ, Monica, and Evilena shouldn't be the only Qs onscreen. Frank needs to work overtime to bring in more of them - even if it means dragging in the wannabe one to do it.

I see Sonny is full of caca, telling Michael Quartermaine that Brenda left because she 'started having feelings for Jax'. Hombre, please - she left your ass because you insisted on allowing your Slagbeast to run roughshod over your marriage instead of setting boundaries from jump and expected her to be A-OK that you ruined the life of one of her oldest and dearest friends. When I see my girl tomorrow, she better smack him upside the head with the unvarnished truth so that he can really see that his punk-ass actions is what caused him to lose the love of his life.

• Members

Even though the Jax thing is ridiculous, it does fall in line with what Sonny thinks. He has thought J&B have been together since they left, so it makes sense. His refusal to see what he did wrong is off base, but in Sonny's mind he probably does think the marriage broke up because Brenda had feelings for Jax. It just Sonny's usual cluelessness and complete lack of awareness. I liked the way he broke down the Lily/Brenda situation. For once he didn't act like Lily was the love of his life and marginalize his feelings for Brenda, although I am failing to see a correlation between a love triangle with two living, breathing women and one woman with two personalities. It was an awkward comparison used so Sonny could do some exposition on Brenda. Seriously, poor Michael. Like he gives a !@#$%^&*] about Sonny's love life over the last two decades.

• Members

Brenda barely spent time with Jax during her aborted marriage to Sonny (another glaring wrong done by showkiller Guza), so I don't know what the hell he's talking about. Furthermore, I clearly remember him getting annoyed when she'd hurled the same accusation at him about his Slagbeast (right after he had the nerve to take her along to find Alec instead of, I don't know, bringing his mother with him?), so yeah, he needs to drink a supersized cup of STFU.

Did he ever marginalize his feelings for Brenda when speaking of thirsty-ass Lily? I remember him feeling guilty as hell that his initial choice to leave her for Brenda (a choice that he'd reneged on upon finding out that Lily was pregnant) had spiraled out of control and cost her her life, but I don't remember him ever claiming that he loved her. Ever.

• Members

I am not saying Sonny's right. I am just saying he was shooting up Robin's house after J&B took a plane ride together, so his feelings are a little warped on the subject. As far as we have seen, he genuinely thinks J&B are together, so it made sense from a character perspective.

As far as marginalizing Brenda, I feel like Sonny did that most of the 2000's. I vividly remember him referring to her to Olivia as some girl named Brenda he used to date. Lily has been made out to be the patron saint of PC and the love of Sonny's life on many occasions. In fact, this is one of the few times in 15 years where I felt like Sonny was being truthful about Lily/Brenda.

• Members

Monday's episode overall sucked. I get that they wanted to pay homage to the past and they are trying to do so without flashbacks. The goals seems to be to recreate those magic moments but alot of yesterday felt false or forced or campy but not in a good way. The Helena scenes were laughable, like the days of freeze the world or aliens. William Ludel as director didn't seem to be able to pull it off. The acting was terrible.

For some reason, Carly scenes really irked me too. I was unconvinced by Carly's monologues...

And don't get me started on Sonny's scenes. Being in love the a split personality. I was rolling in the aisles.

All the confessional scenes were trite and unconvincing..Liz too.

Monica was great.

And seeing Audrey at the end gave me chills. I will tune in today for those scenes.

I have a feeling this week's episodes will produce many cringe-worthy, amateur moments.

And those Richard Simmons scenes last week were painful; someone unplug that queen.

Archived