Best & Worst Series Finale's

dragonflies

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I also have to include Bob Newhart Show for best. I know Newhart was seen as superior, but honestly, I didn't like most of the people on Newhart. I loved many of the BNS characters and I liked the "Oklahoma" ending, especially the emotion in Suzanne Pleshette's voice.

Not a huge fan of the last years of Hill Street Blues, but I smile when I think of the scenes where Belker realized his mother, who had been his inspiration and his headache for so long, had left him a ton of money.

• Members

Best:

Family Matters: After all those years of Steve Urkel chasing Laura, that final scene of them kissing was the perfect ending. The nerd got the woman.

Growing Pain: I watched it in syndication (on Disney) b/c when it originally ran, I was just a baby, but I loved the final shot of Maggie taking the family photo from the mantle and walking around the room one final time, forever leaving behind the home where she raised Mike, Carol, and Ben.

The Parkers: A cult show to many, but the ending was good. Loved that like Urkel, Nikki got her man (Professor Ogelvee) and he married her.

Martin: Phenomenal comedy that did not get the recognition it deserved. The ending was stellar. Like Growing Pain, things came full circle for Martin as he stood in the apartment he called home for five seasons. When he scrawled "1 Luv" and "Martin" onto the wall, I was upset because this once great show was coming to an end. Great show, great ending.

Living Single: Some people think that the ending was rushed but like all my other faves, all the characters got good endings and came full circle. Overton and Synclaire were still happily married. Max & Kyle were reunited and she was pregnant. Regine got her millionaire. Khadejah was reunited with Scooter. All's Well, That Ends Well. That's how I like my endings.

Worst:

I did not care for Step By Step's ending. It didn't bring me to tears, didn't move me. Just left me blah. They wanted to sell the house but didn't. OK . . . ph34r.png

House of Payne: Just abysmal. My mom loved the show. I didn't care for it, and was not surprised. It's Tyler Perry.

Show that I loved that didn't even get an ending (b/c they were cancelled): Girlfriends, Half & Half, & Hung.

Archived