Best & Worst Series Finale's

dragonflies

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

FrenchFan mentioned ER and I really do have to echo that one, for my money that was the best finale I've seen, the show ended just as it began, life and death, doctors saving lives, just as they always did and we FINALLY got to see the hospital complete with the full theme running in the background as every stretcher got rolling and the amazing circularity of Noah Wylie being able to say to Mark Greene's daughter "Dr Greene, you coming?!". I welled up, and it reminded me why I do what I do. Television is powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ98ke7ma3s

• Members

The only full episode of ER I ever watched was the series finale and I was captivated from beginning to end. That's a true mark to how great it was.

I liked the Roseanne finale. Is it one which is greatly maligned? The only thing that confused me, and I'm probably over thinking it, is if Darlene was really with Mark and Becky was really with David, which couple were the ones to get married and have a baby?

I didn't hate the Friends finale, but it was extremely lacklustre. DaytimeFan, I'm glad you mentioned the Frasier finale, because, almost like ER, I hadn't given the show much attention, but I absolutely loved their finale and found it hilarious and now that I'm older, I appreciate that show so much.

I still don't know how I feel about the Seinfeld finale. I loved that they brought back all those people as a celebration of the show, but I think the last scene is what ruins the potential greatness of it.

Another finale I hated was Angel's. I think most of that stems from that fact that I really wanted to see Gunn die. After Whedon killed off Anya in the Buffy finale, he (and his people) owed me that much. But the cliffanger ending just left me unsettled.

• Members

Murphy Brown's serise final was pretty good considering the show was on it's 10th season with a new (never mentioned) office space and Milies not being there. I remember she was going to retire so everyone else decided to go their seperate ways but then after she had a cancer scare, she decided to stay so at the end everyone stayed but said what they were going to say if they had all walked away. It was pretty nice.

• Members

The series finale of Sanford and Son aired Friday on Antenna TV. I'd never seen it in its entirety, so I always assumed it was just a run-of-the-mill episode with no indication that it was indeed the last episode, but I was pleasantly surprised by the very last scene:

Lamont: "Pop, how would you feel about a man my age saying 'I love you' to his father?"

Fred: "Oh, I never liked that sort of thing. See, I believe that feelings between older people should be kept inside, not spread out like mush or sugar or --"

Lamont: "I love you, Pop."

Fred: "I love you, Son -- or syrup. You know what I mean?"

Lamont: "Yeah. I'll never say it."

Fred: "Me either."

Perfect ending for the show.

Archived