Best & Worst Series Finale's

dragonflies

• Members

Okay what are some shows you can think of that had good series finale's and shows that had just really bad finale's

Best:

Wings

Boy Meets World

Newhart

Who's the Boss?

Cheers

Mary Tyler Moore

Dick Van Dyke Show

M*A*S*H

Saved By the Bell

Friends

Family Ties

The Golden Girls

Worst:

Roseanne

Seinfeld

Quantum Leap

Little House on the Prairie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does anyone remember Sisters from 1991-1996 with Sela Ward and Swoosie Kurtz? it was on Saturday nights. I thought that show has a terrific ending. The sister Georgie wrote a a truthful book about all the sisters and then the mother had a stroke and died. then she had a crazy will that at first tore the sisters apart but then brought them all back together. Sela as Teddy had the best line when she said, "You know we won't all be here next Saturday." and then they all spread their mother's ashes on the roses she grew for each of them.

Facts of life has a so-so ending. it should have been called "the best and worst of times" They had good endings for the girls with Blair buying the school, Jo's husband returning, Tootie being accepted to london and Natalie moving out but then they focussed too much on Blair buying the old eastland because it was suposed to be a spin-off. but it never happend so the show ended like that.

• Members

I thought Sisters lost its way after a few seasons (the false memories implanted in Georgie to make her think her father had molested her was the last straw for me), but I did come back for the ending, and I agree it was good.

• Members

Best:

Alice

Good Times

Newhart

Mary Tyler Moore

Dawson's Creek

Desperate Housewives

The Golden Girls

Charlie's Angels

Beverly Hills 90210

Mama's Family

Oh, and say what you will about the final episode of LHOTP, but that final scene...the townsfolk singing Onward Christian Soldiers as they march through the destroyed town to their wagons, the singing leading into that old familiar Little House underscore, the wagons passing in front of the little house as it still stands...the music swelling...even the random ass bunnies...just perfection. I tear up just thinking about it. When I watch a finale, I want to cry my draws off. Of course, it would have been miles better if they'd gotten more cast members back. The Ingallses, followed by the Olesons, the Edwardses, the Garveys, etc. All linked arms and leaving Walnut Grove? Yall, I would STILL be dead.

• Members

Alice had Mel closing down the diner and each of the waitresses going on their way with a hefty bonus from Mel. Charlie's Angels had Kelly shot in the line of duty and hanging between life and death, with flashbacks and what-not. It would have been nice if Farrah and Kate had come back, but it was solid. Of course, it ends with a very brief glimpse of Charlie in surgical scrubs, implying that he'd helped operate on Kelly in the hospital.

Honestly, all I need for a good finale is a nice shot of the whole cast together and an over-the-top arrangement of the theme song, and I'm all tears.

Archived