Y&R: Abby recast

• Members

Abby is useless? IF the show had been run well over the past few years she'd be integral to the show IMO. Being a Newman/Abbott hybrid and with her specific parentage there's no reason that the character shouldn't have been one of the major players at Y&R. I consider part of the young middle aged group and it just astounds me how boring the storylines as a whole have been for Abby and those in her age range.

Yes great actors will make even the most horrible of writing look decent but I do think Rylan was given such utter nonsense that there was nothing she could do to make it look good.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Abby being a Newman/Abbott made her related to damn near everyone one the show at one point. She was step child to this person, aunt to this person, cousin to this person. And that was before all these new men so they had no clue what to do with her. TB defintely has more chemistry with MD than MR did and from what I saw today she and IS didn't have any sparks either.

• Members

I feel like it won't be easy to find a better actress that Marcy Rylan, but another Hollywood Heights alum? This is just ridiculous. I feel like JFP is bringing her own people to all departments of Y&R--not because we need them--but because she can and she wants to. This is why I harp on Jennifer Landon leaving so much. She was a talented younger actress who had hardly been used and they made no effort to try and salvage the character, simply because they needed room for Friends of Jill. I understand on occasion, but it's all the time. The writing department, the music, the cast, the directors--she even fired the wardrobe people.

• Members

I just wonder how much of this is even her. I'm sure some of it is, like Steve Burton, Mark Pinter, etc. but I feel like Sony had a plan in mind when they started moving so many over from Hollywood Heights.

The wardrobe on Y&R sucked so I'm not sure why that firing was a bad thing.

Archived