Y&R: Abby recast

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll give it to you on Jennifer Johns, but that's not my point. My point is that she has replaced everybody regardless of if that needs to be done. Sally McDonald was a brilliant producer and director and she was demoted from Producer and is the last Bell director left. Her ass is most likely out the door, not because of her talent, but because she isn't a FOJ. I don't like that. And even with recasting Abby, this is a good thing, but why another FOJ? I'm sorry, but the new actors playing Summer and Noah are not great actors, so don't tell me those are the best of the bunch. They simply didn't look and went with their Hollywood Heights people.

If Sony cared about Hollywood Heights they would've promoted it. They made no attempt to make that show work. I feel like this is Jill's way of bringing what she did there to a larger audience.

• Members

P&G didn't do enough for Texas, but they still migrated many key personnel to GL to try to help save that show.

I just feel like a lot of this is Sony-mandated changes. They wanted changes and the show needed them. I'm not saying I agree with all the changes, especially the music, but I think that someone at Sony hit the panic button. They're not doing enough, IMO, not anywhere near enough, but I do think a lot of this is from Sony. I'm not sure if JFP would care that much about bringing in actor after actor from one show she worked on for part of a year.

• Members

The thing is, all of the FOJ actors that have been brought on so far have been perfectly cast. It's nowhere near as bad as MAB littering the show with AMC cast-offs in roles they were completely unsuitable for at the expense of veterans.

The only JFPism I'm having trouble with is the music. I want the old scores back. We all need to voice our complaints to Angelica McDaniel on Twitter. I think that's our best bet.

• Members

music and lighting need to be overhauled, wasn't Y & R known for their darker, more sensual lighting back in the day?

I'm curious about what direction they will be taking Abby in since the actress wasn't known for being comedic... she was known for playing bitchy.. so I'm guessing a bitchier turn is in order? Wonder if they will deep six any sort of pairing with the new detective or not?

• Members

I wil miss Emme Marcy Rylan. I liked her as Abby and felt she was well cast (unlike most people on SON, I know).

I donlt know about this new chick but she looks and probably sounds interchangeable with Hunter King and Jhoanna F. Squeaky, baby-girl voices from the Valley.

ETA: And yes, we can we please twitter Angelica McDaniel about the music and lighting? Soaplovers hit the nail on the head: "darker, more sensual lighting" and that rich, evocative music! Y&R has a strong, glamourous and highly recognizeable brand, and for the life of me I don't know why TPTB are trying to turn it into something generic and Acme.

• Members

When Lauren inevitably dumps Carmine and lurches back to Michael, they're going to need someone to bed Carmine. We (by "we", I mean me) need to have as many opportunities as possible to see Carmine in various stages of undress.

It won't have the in flagrante delicto excitement of his too few romps with Lauren but at least it's something.wink.png

• Members

I suppose Abby will be bitchier, more vixen. I'm fine with that depending on the acting. As for Abby and Alex, I don't see any chemistry between these two. He had more sexual energy with Chloe imo but that ain't the pairing the writers are going for so hopefully Alex and new Abby will have sparks. Judging by pics alone, MO has the sex appeal MR lacks.

• Members

Ann_SS: Just to show that I'm not just stuck on Carmine, if Abby wants to test the waters with Alejandro (someone needs to start calling him by his proper name, often) that's all good too because I have yet to see him shirtless.

And yes, shirtless guys can make me almost completely forget Y&R's terrible music production and uneven storytelling.

Archived