AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd like it if they made a joke about the guitar riff...just make a video with random scenes and then guitar interrupting for no reason. That would make me laugh in its ridiculousness.

• Members

That makes sense to me. But--I do think, as has been pointed, out it is important to realize it was largely made for fans already watching the videos, not people new to soap operas. As well, I thought they were mocking the stereotypes an clichés many people place on soaps--not their show itself. *shrug*

• Members

Based on that video, I get the impression that Rob Wilson is the most sought after piece of ass on the set. First Jill, now Cady, that guy has got all the old women (myself included) wanting to break of a piece of Mrs. Wilson's baby boy.

• Members

Ha I wish I could see what y'all are talking about. The youtube recaps seem to just be the ones from More (although the week three one does have the hostess in a set for Tempo Magazine, interestingly.)

In that Jill Larson and Rob interview, Jill says she filmed the first 10-15 weeks of scenes in her house in the first days (!) so I guess we still will get a lot of material shot early on? "We had to begin production before the end of February for legal reasons so I shot the first 10-15 weeks of episodes in the first few days as Opal's house was one of the first built."

• Members

Was this posted?

http://paosrevolution.com/index.php/blog/72-jill-larson-a-rob-wilson-share-their-thoughts-on-amc

I thought this was interesting

Jill- We have an agreement to go through one cycle which was originally through October but has ow been extended to November. There will be 52 weeks of shows instead of 42 so no downtime as was planned before. This is a huge experiment. They're making it up as they go along but in the best way. We know that it's hard for everyone not to go to "cancellation" thoughts initially but please know that Prospect Park believes in the shows. They hope this is the beginning of the next 40 years. They are exploring and discovering things to make this a reality. Try not to be scared.

This too

Jill- When I found out that I was going to be required to do so many Facebook posts and Tweets I hired a young woman named Bren to teach me. I have really taken to it and love to have immediate contact with the fans.

Archived