AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Members

Creepy. Hopefully Errol doesn't come back with a ghost.

http://instagram.com/p/WNwanPFeTy/

I'll leave my response at a very polite, "I disagree" ;) That's not easy for me, I like to go in!

I get what you're saying, as well, but as I said when we're going to the murder of a show for me it doesn't feel sensible not to note writing especially if the comment has some twist of "killed the show" in it. I'd feel a little ridiculous saying something like "David killed the show" because I didn't miss it at all after going through that storyline - and that's true even with the less dramatic "for me" added at the end. I don't think you said anything about murder to be fair.

That said, I think we've probably reached the end of this discussion as we're just reiterating our points ;)

As much as I liked Jacob Young at times, I think it was beyond time to take the character from lost boy to man and physical stature (looking older and being older) helps a good bit with that.

Everybody except "Hunter" and "Peter" have acting experience. "Cassandra"? jfung says commercials are acceptable experience ;)

Hasn't every "long-term" cast member agree to return for at least a recurring or guest sting except "Erica," "Tad," "Jack" "Kendall," (<-- all of whom appear to plan to return at some point for potentially long stints if things can be worked out) - and to a lesser extent Ryan," & "Greenlee" & I guess "Krystal"?

I'm sure OLTL isn't at 90% just looking at the group whom wants to stay on GH alone.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Possibly, but you haven't seen AMC 2.0 yet to state that widespread "limited" as a fact.

I'm sure Lee and Ray and even David Canary may be limited but Lee and Ray were limited on ABC too. The state of Canary's return is most likely by choice. Julia Barr was often somebody ABC considered fired.

• Members

Look up Elizabeth (Betsy) Snyder's writing experience and compare her Writer's Guild and Emmy nominations and wins to the other writers. AMC got the long end of the stick in that respect, plus an EP with over 20 years experience working on the show.

Now go look up what Thom Racina especially is infamous for writing in the past. Talk about a [&#33;@#&#036;%^&amp;*] writer!

+1. And the guy who runs the clothing company is only recurring.

No, I'm sure it's not 90% without Roxie, Jessica, etc. Unfortunately, they're bringing back the weakest actors on the show, the kid who plays Jack and Destiny's brother Sean.

• Members

People think I'm so against AMC though. I'm not. I want it to succeed. That's why I'm so disappointed in the decisions that PP is making. Compared to OLTL. AMC looks like a bad joke.

And, you all have nothing to back it up that it's NOT going to be all about the teens and newbies. So, quit getting your hopes up.

I'm a realist dammit. I'm not going to settle for something that is going to be fit for the Disney channel instead of a real soap.

• Members

Thank you!!! Just because an actor recurs doesnt mean they wont be on the show a lot. It allows the actor to chose when they work & their pay is usually less than contract players.

Kim Zimmer was recurring for the last year OLTL was on ABC & she was on a lot & even drove story

• Members

Well, you all always seem to.

I'm just stating my goddamn opinion.

This is not the way to relaunch AMC.

Period. It's a joke. Do you all really believe that good casting entails the guy from the Price Is Right to play a character from a legacy family like Petey Courtlandt? Really? REALLY?

Everyone knows I watched AMC for the past 6 years just like OLTL and GH. I loved all three ABC shows. I was thrilled when I heard they were coming back. But, from a writer's point of view. This is not the way to get something like this off the ground.

Archived