AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IMO, most are not doing that. Some are, don't get me wrong but I don't think everybody is. I'm not doing that. I'm just giving it a chance especially considering I haven't seen one episode of it yet. Maybe I'll love it, maybe I won't WHEN IT AIRS but that's really regardless of the current casting which I think has been reasonable.

• Members

I can see some of your point, but I think that's basically just how it is on forums in general--those who complain tend to be the most vocal.

I do see a difference here though--the people bitching an unpopular actor or RC's writing have (for the most part ;) ) experienced and watched that actor or writing. This seems, IMHO, more irrational when people are freaking out with hyperbolic comments like "OK now I KNOW I won't watch that!" from every little bit of information. That's everybody's right, of course--to decide on the information they have, but

A) I seriously doubt 90% of the people who have said that at some point here about EITHER of the online shows will be able to resist checking them out (Especially if it's already so important to them that they have to make such comments) so such comments just look, pardon me, DUMB.

B) It does get old. Sure if you're bashing Ron Carlivati (and me, personally, I think I've praised a bunch of his stuff too), at least you have new continued writing to comment on each day. In this case we just know very bare bones info like what ages are being cast...

ITA. I really don't see a lot of blind praise here. I have seen people becoming more and more excited, and yes,in this case people saying they think it may be a good thing for AMC to have some fresh, and young, faces, but much more often than not, I see this still tempered with a lot of "cautiously optimistic" type feelings.

• Members

Me too! It's been awhile since we've heard anything. I like Blair/Todd a lot, but the writing there brought out the worst in both Blair and Tea. I don't want them as best friends but it's worse when they're enemies. I wouldn't mind seeing them work together but I hope they mostly have stories apart from each other. Since Carlivati is thankfully not involved, then maybe! I'd be surprised if Todd isn't back at least briefly, depending on the taping schedule.

Message board debates are hilarious.

• Members

Dear Golden Duck,

As you may or may not know I take screenshots of everything I find interesting on SON. If you continue your ridicules claims I will take screenshots exclusively of your posts and report any contradictions until you give up your fight against the three elements that make SON, SON:

Karajan. Non-Karajan. HIPPONACTEUS. (Written in Latin)

• Members

This coming from a child who has murder painted on his walls........Like I'm supposed to take you seriously. Hell, like anyone on this board is supposed to take you seriously.

All I was doing was stating an opinion. Seems like no one can do that without being jumped on here anymore.

+100

Cornelius needed to come back. I'm sure he doesn't want to hock pot pies for KFC all the rest of his born days.

Archived