AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also. Nowhere did I say that OLTL was golden for me in it's later years. I hated the teen cast. I watched for Viki, Dorian, Clint, Bo, Nora...ETC. The teens where an annoyance over there. Hell, I almost started watching OLTL in 2006. But, I watched one episode and it was all teens (Cole, Starr, Langston, etc..at school) I shut it off 30 mins in and thought it [!@#$%^&*] sucked.

Yep. It was stated by Daytime Confidential, insiders on various boards, and alot of blogs.

• Members

You are judging without seeing and it feels like you're expanding that 1-2 into 10-12.

A lot of actors who enter soaps don't have a lot of acting experience outside of some school plays and community theater. A lot of them have gone on to be great and/or huge fan favorites.

• Members

Yeah. But, for every Vanessa Marcil. There's a Charity Rahmer not far behind.

Bitch....Whatever...I'm "bitching" having a different opinion is "bitching" Everyone has to drink the Kool Aid. Pass the [!@#$%^&*] stuff around.

Funny how whenever someone bashes Ron Carlivati it's not bitching...Or, when they bash actors that the majority of the board don't like they are not bitching.

• Members

Point one, DC has been putting AMC down for OLTL for years to an extreme. Point two, I doubt they said something like all the older character will be put into a home and only be seen when the teens and 20-somethings visit them. Of course, they want to attract younger viewers especially considering they're on the internet. The best way to do that is with younger viable characters included in the cast.

Will the teens be or become 90% of the entire show? I'm not saying that won't happen but it's not written in stone.

I'll concede that point but you are saying OLTL is in such a better position than AMC when the OLTL cast still will have a lot of (now older) teens. One minute teens are the issue, the next it's models NOT that I'm saying you can't have multiple issues with the show. My thing is that you're having these issues even before the show airs.

• Members
Your "opinion" isn't based on anything substantial, though. You say OLTL is bringing back 90% of it's people, but you've yet to back that outrageous statement up. You say AMC has "limited vets," but you've yet to tell me what vets are missing besides Lucci, Knight, and Willey. When you make overwhelmingly negative statements out of left field that seem to be grounded more in over-the-top exaggeration than in actual facts, people will question your meaning.

Archived