Y&R February 2013 Discussion

• Members

I don't get a creepy vibe from Kyle rather I think he is bland and lacks charisma. I totally understood why16 year old Victoria fell for twenty something year old Ryan and Colleen fell in love with J.T, but I just can't see what Summer would be so desperately attracted to with Kyle. He is just there, you know. Now if Summer made a play for Alex, I would get it.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the days of Newman/Abbott mingling being an interesting conflict passed many years ago. There are no Abbotts at this point, to me anyway, and the Newman family, outside of Nikki, all seem dull as hell to me. Bacteria was about as interesting as Kevin's hair gel. I'm more interested in whether or not Y&R's casting director has a weakness for slightly pudgy men who bathe in Crisco.

• Members
I was hoping people had forgotten that. :ph34r:

Look, I think Sony probably just wanted her on the show and when Leon gained the weight, they decided to kill two birds with one stone. It would probably have worked out better for all involved if she'd been cast as a character other than Colleen (maybe some relative of Cane's or something) but by the end of her run I thought she'd done a pretty decent job of making Colleen her own (especially after Brad's death. Certainly stronger than Khalil's Lily.

• Members

I thought Williams was gone. I wish they would do something more with Christine than have her be all talk no action so far about this civil suit with Phyllis. Does Phyllis even know yet about that kiss with Nick which Phyllis assumed to be Sharon? Lauren and Carmine are hot.

So far under JFP and Griffin I really can't complain too much, probably my biggest complaint is that while what their are airing now is miles better the show doesn't have the Y&R feel to it. I can't describe it.

Heh I remember that too but hey look how Sursok(use to nickname her "suresucks") has had success after the role? The writing was bad and she flopped early on and then just lingered on without being given a second chance at all. Overall though Forsenca and Khalil were acceptable as the teen Colleen and Lily and while Leon and Sherwood were their maturing counterparts. By the time Sursok proved capable it was too late. And I think the TS hate partially fueled the destruction and embarrassment of Colleen in her final months.

• Members

Hate to double post but one more thing is I never watched GH so I don't fully understand the Steve Burton hate but I think he's been ok as Dylan so far. From a longtime Y&R viewer perspective the role is pretty simple, another spoiler for Nick and Sharon and it could have been easily filled by another name star whether it be Paul Anthony Stewart or Austin Peck(god can you imagine).

• Members

But that's the thing - the Sursok hate had died down a lot by the time Colleen was humiliated and killed. Fans were starting to accept her when she was feuding with Victor after Brad's death and reconnecting with JT.

And may it never be spoken of again. :ph34r:

Archived