Y&R February 2013 Discussion

• Members

PREACH. She is the definition of "mediocre" as Victoria. I saw her "confronting" Adam at the GCAC the other day and it was like watching somebody on Sominex. She is awful, and when she does amp up the energy it is only to play a whiney, remorseless bitch. Something is deeply wrong when I, who will watch Y&R rain or shine, willingly FF all her scenes.

Have you checked out B&B lately? HT's hair is glossy and gorgeous, her cheeks pink, her skin glowy with healthy and her eyes full of spark and character. Oh, and her body is banging. Absolutely banging. While Amelia has a very pretty face and profile, it often looks drawn and tired and while I am guessing she has a model's figure, I wouldn't know as they are always clothing her in shlumpy, dark outfits. With her rock-bottom energy levels when she delivers dialogue, it is literally like a dark cloud walking into a scene. IRL, it really would not matter at all. From many accounts, AH is well liked on the Y&R set and MTS really loves her. Is she better than she was on MAB's Y&R? Without a doubt. But for such a pivotal legacy character, it is still not enough.

If Y&R were to continue long after Erc Baeden and MTS retire, I honestly do not think Victoria in her current incarnation has "it" to entice me, to keep invested in her story as "Her Father's Daughter."

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know things have hit rock bottom when she makes MM look half-way decent. The worse part for me, is that her blandness and mediocrity has rubbed off on Billy Miller. He is already prone to laziness and acting ticks. He needs a much stronger acting partner to keep his attention and push him to give strong performances. I am hoping that renewal of vows is the death keel for Billy and Victoria.

The whole who is prettier is such a straw man argument, but you nailed it, Cat. Heather is simply stunning. Motherhood totally agrees with her. I'll take the beautiful well groomed and coiffed talented Heather Tom over AH who walks around like her finger is stuck in an electrical socket. Last time I checked a hair brush is a pretty straight forward grooming tool. Heather and every soap actress other AH clearly know how to use it.

• Members

OMG! Why does that line have me gut laughing. When I watched YR last year, I could not stand to see AH coming because I knew her hair would not be combed/brushed. She has a dead screen presence and then to look like a street urchin?

I'm not a HT fan at all and have always felt she was overrated. A grown up can be SORASed, so I think Robin Christopher should just go and play the role of Victoria Newman! That is the only solution to me. There is no way a corpse s/b representing this generation of the Newmans.

• Members

Miller was in a number of flop stories before Victoria/AH. I think he's good at making faces, but when it comes to scene partners or connections, I have rarely seen any. I think the Bacteria pairing probably helped him, at least for a while, because he had more direct stories with the Newmans. Once the stories became about baby baby baby baby baby there was zero purpose, and the characters becme even more pointless.

• Members

I have gone back and forth about Heather Tom over the years, but now I think that she is one of the stronger soap actresses in her age range. MCE would have been a good Victoria. Alternatively, I would like Gina Tognoni have a shot at the role. I think Paige Turco would be a good Victoria too, but she is working a lot in prime time so she would be unavailable. Oh well, it is all fantasy.

• Members
Was that the time Lyndsy Fonseca got the role or the time Adrianne Leon got the role?

She's too young for Victoria. I think Jessica Collins should've been Victoria.

But at this point I'd be happy for Amelia to stay in the role, for familiarity if nothing else.

• Members

HT looks like a frumpy middle aged soccer mom which is why Brooke will get Bill. AH looks realistic in terms of age for the role of Victoria. I don't see her as an overly strong actor but actually like the hair and look--geek chic and nothing like a soap diva. MAB remade Victoria into a trendy/hipster rich girl working the messy look and she has the run down retro house to match. Even her wedding and the Jamacia stuff sort of fits the shift in character. She is not the female Victor but the fusion of Victor and Nikki. The Victor space is all Adam now. MM is now holding his own against EB in the scenes they share and he now has a clear character motive in wanting Victor's love. JG has done a great job re-defining Adam and is doing a great job opening Cane up.

I'm growing bored with Hogan's sloppy prime time jumps. He played with this over at ATWT and JFP must see it as part of bringing Y&R into the modern era. I have no issue with prime time style production but Adam with Sharon and then one minute later with Chelsea while Kay is suddenly trapped in the snow storm and then, I gather, returned home by Adrianna, or so we are told the next day, makes Y&R a mess. I'm not one of those soap fans who needs to see everything but the editing is poor and makes the show feel rushed.

JFP, if she wants a prime time feel, should hire someone from a CW show like Ringer or even Criminal Minds to develop a new style with a heathy flow.

• Members

Vikki can not be early 30s since its been said Nick is 40 and he has a son in his early 20s. Vikki's the older sibling.

I don't think HT is stunning. She's plain to me but amuch better actress than AH.

Um didn't Ringer flop? Why the hell would they hire anyone from that one season show?

Also didn't Hogan finally leave?

Re: MCE as Colleen yeah I can't even picture her in that role.

Archived