Y&R February 2013 Discussion

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

See I think that she is terrible in those scenes with J.T. and the later confrontation with Victoria. She is stumbling for the words, maybe because she is trying to hide the accent or does not know her lines.

I am not even looking at those supposed death scenes because I refuse acknowledge anything that MAB did from Brad's death onwards. As far as I am concerned, J.T. and Colleen are in N.Y. living happily ever after with a couple of kids.

• Members

MAB and the writing staff should have been embarrassed to put that rubbish on the screen. what was the purpose of having her just standing there while those people spouting off. Having J.T. do those death bed scenes with the J.T. and Colleen theme was the final insult. MAB should have been slapped silly at that point. All they had to do is send Colleen to NY to be with Traci and that would have been enough. She had been so marginalized that no one would have missed her really, then they could have sent J.T. after her a year later and ship Mac back to where ever she came from.

• Members

100% agree. I donlt think it is beyond the realms of possibility for a little teenager like Fonseca's Colleen become a bit more womanly and curvy in college, as represented by Leon's Colleen. The fact that they fired an actress who was gaining a little weight because of medication she was taking was pure misogyny. As her brief return on GH afterwards showed, it was a temporary side effect and AL returned to her usual gorgeous self. Honestly, I loved AL's feisty Colleen and LOVED how much she hated Victoria for marrying her dad and eventually ending up with JT.

I wish Colleen could return (under AL would be great) but doesn't the Great Wrinkly One have Colleen's heart beating in his chest? With Traci's permission? Unless the hospital made a mistake.

• Members

I miss J.T. also. Probably more so because when I stopped watching he (and Colleen) were still around. Even when I did not like what they were doing with J.T. (which was most of the time), he always felt like an important part of the show's history and canvas. I only liked him with both Colleens, but his romance with the original was his signature story, imo. TL should have never been written out or Colleen killed. Maybe Griffith would consider bringing him back.

This is a soap so I have to think that there is a way to rationalize Colleen's rise from the death. She was kidnapped by the people who were after that treasure thing and the bodies switched while she was unconscious and before the transplant. Something. I will always loved that insulting bitchy toast that ALColleen gave at Victoria's engagement party. It was hilarious and still makes me laugh to this day. It was a Y&R classic.

I will never understand why LML could not work with AL and her minor weight gain. Colleen is Traci's daughter. They could have easily have given her a story where she struggles with bulmia until AL lost the weight. I definitely think Y&R was caught off guard by the backlash after she was fired. I am convinced something skeevy was going on behind the scenes with TS hiring.

• Members

There was a rumor that Tammi Sursok was brought on by somebody at Sony who was her "benefactor." That's the term that was actually used -- "Tammin Sursok's Sony benefactor."

I figured Sony was big on TS because she was young and pretty and launching a pop music career as a (possibly) Sony recording artist. But then there was a Blind Item from one of the Daytime blogs that suggested that said benefactor was "much older" than the starlet being sponsored. I thought it was odd to make that distinction if it was just some producer with a stake in her music career.

All allegedly, of course! laugh.png I do recall y&r fan defending Tammin S against the benefactor gossip -- y&r fan was fighting a one-woman (or one-man) battle at some points. Can I just say? I love the multi-faceted use of the word "benefactor" in a piece of gossip.

ETA: What I hate is that Sony and MAB thought so little of the Colleen character that they willingly destroyed her when TS wanted out to do other projects. Not blaming Sursok -- she wants a career outside Daytime anyway and seemed to have a bunch of outs in her contract allowing her to do PT shows and movies. But as soon as she definitively moved on, TIIC decided to torpedo and kill off this legacy character immediately instead of resting her and maybe bringing her back at a later stage. It really speaks to the arrogance, lack of foresight or imagination of whoever the hell was running this show in 2009.

• Members

Back to yesterday: Phyllis attacking Avery and calling her a slut. Two words, Phyllis: dumpster sex.

On the upside, Avery got in a couple of zingers re: her marriage with Nick. "Nick was done. It wouldn't have mattered if I'd been around or not. You destroyed your marriage all by yourself."

Archived