Y&R February 2013 Discussion

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was just ridiculous, and it went on and on and on for what seemed like an eternity, with people trying and failing to be clever. You'd think she was Satan. I wasn't a fan, but looking back she was probably one of the least serious problems on Y&R at that time.

• Members

You're not alone. Surprisingly, story-wise the show is in the best state it has been in at least 3 years but the shows looks like a very cheap rendition of Grey's Anatomy. The music is corny and bad, the directing sucks and I don't see the purpose behind it at all. Are they trying to mimic those fake reality soaps? Or is this JFP's artistc view? Either way, this show is unrecognizable.

As for Tammin Sursok: I agree, they simply phased her out so that's why criticism dminished. LOL

• Members

100% agree with this.

Poor y&r fan. I didn't mean to to put you in the middle of all this Colleen business all over again! I felt bad for you because you were the only one defending her at the time and getting abuse hurled at you. However, I still couldn't accept Tammin in the role because I liked AL's version so much.

This Colleen discussion is much more reasonable and civilized, lol.

• Members

The only thing Y&R "feels" like to me is a bad soap opera, i.e., boring and generally uninteresting. If this is the best it has been in three or so years, then it really must have been crap under MAB.

I rolled my eyes at Jack allowing a crying pathetic Phyllis into his bed. Where the hell is the drama or soapiness in that? Surely, Jack can get a woman who is strong and interesting and not desperate and needy. The whole thing was pathetic, not romantic or sensual.

Since Kevin is plotting to steal from Katherine yet again and she is Chloe's family, does this mean that there is hope that Chloe will divorce him when the truth comes out or should I not be so optimistic? Because if I was writing Y&R, this stealing plot would be end of Kevin and Chloe and the vow renewal would be the end of Billy and Victoria and the beginning of Chloe and Billy reuniting. Of course, I am unlikely to get so lucky.

It just occurred to me that if Alex gets a job on the GCPD, then he would be investigating the thefts from Katherine which would give him more contact with Chloe. That works for me too.

• Members

I find the biggest issue with Y&R to be one few to nobody will agree with me on.

Jack, Phyliss, Victor, Kay, Sharon and Nick need a rest. Of course, Adam too but i think most of us feel that way, and people like Chloe, Kevin and many others need to go. Im not saying that first batch I named need to go, but they need to be backburned.

Things that for, for me, and scenes and stories with newer characters like Avery, Dylan, Carmine and Leslie. They have been a nice break from the usual airhogs.

• Members

I don't think the show is unreocgnizable. I actual thinking alot of the characters are more recognizable than the past few years. The music is pretty B&Besque though. Especially the other day when I watched them back to back and they both ended in heavy montages.

I need Adam to leave town for awhile and Sharon to be backburned. Alot of times these twos bring down an epi. Kevin, Chloe, Gloria, etc can all leave.

• Members

I am not happy about Adriana's return or Kay adopting her. I really like Noah. I think that he could be a strong younger male lead if given the story and airtime. He should have a well written soap romance. Adriana is not the love interest that I had in mind for him. Another younger female actress needs to be cast. Noah would do well in a triangle.

• Members

I don't think that Cane is being hypocritical. Chelsea is not hitting on him or vice versa. There is absolutely nothing overtly sexual between Cane and Chelsea. In contrast, Tyler is clearly sexually interest in Lily and is constantly hitting on her. Anyway, the whole Tyler/Lily/Cane/Chelsea quad is random and nonsensical. I can buy the Tyler/Lily/Cane triangle, but his sudden overly enthusiastic support of Chelsea comes out of nowhere and is silly.

• Members

I enjoyed yesterday's episode of Y&R, mainly because I enjoyed watching 2 hotties for the price of 1. I'm looking at you, Marco Dapper and Ignacio Serrichio.

I do think that if they returned the music to something more like what is in Y&R's music archive and less like GH background music circa 2007 then the show would feel more Y&Rish.

I wouldn't mind a lot of characters you mentioned being rested. However, as vets go, I would like to see more Jill and Nikki. Both shine on my screen. I think Adriana works in scenes with Jill, weirdly. Kevin needs to be gone, like, 7 years ago. I cannot stomach watching him.

As far as the newbies go, I do like them and wish IS was on contract because he has chemistry with everybody. Especially Liz Hendricksen and lord knows that girl needs to snatch chemistry where she can find it. However, my love for Avery appears to be fading a little (though not for Jessica Collins). And I don't know why. Actually, yes, I do know why: Avery is now Miss Perfect McChipper. When she gets scenes with Dylan and Phyllis, I remember why I liked her. Dylan is ok as a supporting character but I'm glad he's not on every day.

Archived