Y&R February 2013 Discussion

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes. Wood, darker, deeper colors. Not bright pastel sh*t.

But, I'm also going to say something good about the show (!). I loved the piano scene and how the camera lingered on Nikki's reaction, with complete silence, for several seconds before fading to black. That was very, very nice. And Melody was fantastic, as always.

• Members

I agree, I loved that bit. It really stayed with me after the show was over, too.

The ranch, as somebody indicated, is too middle-class for Victor and Nikki. I'm not saying it needs to be blinged out like a Dubai hotel suite but the feeling of quiet, understated luxury is not there. Dark woods and jewel tones would work wonders.

• Members

That is sad.

Maybe he can stay at the Newman Ranch, too, since this is now "everyone's" house.

Yes; it looks small and cramped, it's awkwardly designed and just doesn't seem like the grand house that it should be.

Yep; I have to say, I really liked his directing in the episode.

• Members

The thing good about that episode is the preview for tomorrow's. Carmine + Lauren = Caliente! I cannot wait!

I like Chelsea, but there is no logical reasoning behind her decision to hid the paternity. Adam won't try to take the baby from her and is unlikely to be involved in any major way. It is all about creating drama for creating drama sake rather than telling a character-driven story. It would be far more interesting to show Adam struggling to deal with fatherhood given his torturous relationship with his own father. But MM is so blah, this might be only way to do here.

Another thing, why did they have Leslie confide in Neil so quickly? I was looking forward to getting a break from their "love" scenes. I just don't like them as a couple. If she can only have a black love interest, I would take Mason over Neil in a heartbeat. Mason is already more interesting than Neil who has been on the show for years.

• Members

Michael Graziadei has booked a leading role an ABC pilot already. Anyone surprised? Nah. He has the look and talent. He should have left Y&R ages ago. Hopefully, Billy Miller sees this and starts seriously contemplating a prime time career. He is another one who has stayed too long.

Wait for the ad to play: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/28/young-and-the-restless-actor-books-abc-pilot/

Archived