Y&R February 2013 Discussion

• Members

I am not buying that Sony/CBS cared about Zima or that they were paying much attention to Y&R when LML or MAB was in charge, period. If LML did not refuse to cross the picket line and still write Y&R, she likely would have lasted much longer. MAB did all sorts of sketchy things over her 4 year disaster and no one at Sony/CBS blinked an eye as far as I know.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I see Angelica McDaniel, CBS daytime head, giving interviews to the soap mags. She has nerve to show her face. She been in charge since 2010, yet she let MAB continue to run Y&R in the ground for two years before shoving her out and is now touting JFP as the solution to all Y&R's woes. RME. Unbelievable.

• Members

But would Angelica McDaniel have much control with MAB @ Y&R? That would be more of a SONY issue, wouldn't it? Or at least that's who I blame.

And frequentsoapfan, I hated MAB SORASing all the kids too w/o a good reason too. She did nothing with Abby, who in my opinion, is a character that could have so much potential. Having her conflicted between the Abbott and Newman clan would've better. Also, I hated when they made Abby become a flunky to Victoria and Nikki. IMO, they should've kept Abby at odds with those two and had her be close with Adam, seeing as Nikki sees her kids being the "true" Newman heirs.

And don't get me started with her SORASing Kyle, and not having a viable love interest for him. Along with him propping the Newmans and Phyllis--who hated/murdered his mother.

Just ugh. . .

• Members

Yvonne Zima was the...um, 'actress' (for lack of a better word) who used to portray (and may she never again) Daisy Carter, whom, if memory serves me correctly (and honestly, I've tried to mentally erase as much of this character as humanly possible) was Sheila Carter's niece. Although I used to assume that she was just Sheila's daughter--though I honestly couldn't have cared less.

Daisy had a twin brother named Ryder, who was moderately more interesting compared to her but he wasn't interesting enough for me to want him to stick around.

If you want more backstory, I'm sure someone else will be better able to fill you in on the rest (someone who was paying more attention to Y&R at that time, as I had all but completely tuned out by then).

• Members

Well damn Adam! Rip that pesky shirt off of Sharon's boobs!

Carmine & Lauren. OMG, unf. So hot! "Shall we get a hotel room?" Yes, please do as long as the cameras follow you there!

I am totally feeling the emotion between Avery and Dylan. It's just a shame these are two newbie characters because they keep referencing a backstory I never saw or got invested in. I get a little bored when they go on about the pet rock or walks they took around "the lake." ph34r.png

• Members

Who is the annoying radio announcer? I could've sworn I read Kale Browne was supposed to do the voice work.

Lauren and Carmine had more heat then I ever saw Lauren have with Mikey. So glad Carmine is free of Abby.

I don't even pay attention to Avery and Dylan

Shadam are still gross.

Villy are boring it's about time they painted that house though.

Archived