Y&R February 2013 Discussion

• Members

Neither do I, but it is a soap so I won't let my dream die completely. I loved JT and Colleen's teen romance so much. That picture brings back memories. I recall tearing up when J.T. rescued Colleen from the fire. They are among some of my favorite Y&R scenes ever. It kills me how a succession of bad head writers destroyed their romance, both characters, and eventually actually killed off Colleen.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They've been acknowledging it for a month. Both the cast and the head of CBS Daytime have been talking about it. They just haven't been hyping it up to something it won't be; there's a difference. And they decided to wait closer to the date to add stuff to the website.

Let's see today's epi.

I hate the test tube kids(Abby and Kyle). Kyle needs a recast. His voice is grating and he has chemistry with no one. Abby also has chemistry with no one and a grating voice. Why is she back besides to annoy me? I felt like those two brought down today's show.

Paul was on fire! Loved his scenes with Jamie, Lauren, and Phyllis. It's about time someone told the two of them off!

I'm back to loving to hate Lauren instead of feeling indifferent to her like I did under MAB. She's back to her old bitchy self!

What illness does everyone think Nikki has? Nictor were actually really sweet today.

Fenn and Summer were patehtic with their pity party.

Billy is so out of place at Jabot.

• Members

It would be nice if Billy actually had an office at Jabot and spent some time there. He and Kyle randomly pop up at the office every now and then. The real solution would be for BIlly leave Victoria take the baby and move back into the Abbott mansion with Jack and Kyle. Where is Abby staying? She should be at the mansion as well, but I might have missed that one.

• Members

I'm wondering if maybe Nikki might have MS.

From what I've read and know from a parent of one of my friends, MS is very unpredictable. Some people go into remission after the disease abates, others have chronic symptoms, others have periods where symptoms are acute then abate, and others experience varying degrees of degeneration which diminishes their quality of life for the rest of their lives. It truly seems to depend on the individual and their body.

Some people are debating that this could be the end of Nikki, but I don't think so. I could see Nikki having a period of turbulent health and then remission, if this is what she has. That's just a guess.

On a separate note:

Abby and Kyle are truly test tube babies, aren't they? Why didn't I remember this? I'm torn on Marcy Rylan-- when they wrote out Abby, I thought it was the right move because with Ashley gone, I really didn't believe she was needed.

I kind of still don't believe she is needed but her siding with the Abbotts just might provide an interesting sidebar for the Abbott/Newman divide. I am dubious though, on whether there will be a sustainable storyline there, though. Other than that, I wonder what else would this character be needed for?

• Members

Is the set for Brad's house even still around? I think Abby is back to rev up that Carmine/Lauren connection more than just to be an Abbott. I can see a triangle there with Abby finding out about their fling and blowing the whistle to Michael or some such version.

Earlier on the thread, I speculated that Nikki had MS. The hand thing when she was playing the piano made me think about it. I don't think that she is going any where anytime soon since MS takes awhile to progress. I wish we can avoid yet another Nikki/Victor wedding, but I don't see that happening.

Archived