Y&R February 2013 Discussion

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll start and see if anyone can fill the rest in...

Back row....Danny, Paul, Douglas Austin, Stuart Brooks, Andy, (unknown)

second....(unknown) Jack (Terry Lester), Katherine, John, (unknown, unknown, unknown) Mary Williams

third....(unknown) Traci, Ashley, Mamie, Gina Romalotti

seated...Jill (Deborah Adair), Liz Foster, Leslie Brooks, Patty Williams, (unknown, unknown)

on floor....unknown--Peter Brown, Angela Lawrence---Liz Keifer, (unknown, unknown) , (ugh I can't remember his character's name---Brock Peters)

weirdly not in pic, Victor and Nikki, Carl Williams (unless that's him to the right of John in the second row). My guess is that Peter Brown, Liz Keifer and the two girls to her right composed the Lawrence family, but I only know who Liz played thanks to imdb.

• Members

The 1982 cast pic

Back row Danny Paul Douglas Stuart Andy (can't think of actor or characters name -he might have been a mob boss of some sort)This was at the time Paul was undercover

Next row Brian(the chemist involved with Ashley)Jack Katherine John Carl Earl (Kevin's father)Kevin Mary

Next row Claire Traci Ashley seated Jill Liz Leslie Patty Alison (Kevin's mother) Mamie Gina Pam (hooker)

Front row Robert Angela (can't remember actor or character but she was a hooker Paul fell for)Julia Commander Lewis

• Members

Shaking my head. 70 year old Victor is being decorated with some young female meat for sexual appeal. But who are they trying to attract to Y&R's 40th anniversary celebration? Retired men who who watch the golf and news channels 24/7? LOL tongue.png

Are young men and women in their coveted 18-34 age group supposed to be attracted to an old man accented with two young woman half his age? I know it wouldn't make my kids want to tune in. Young women hate old farts hitting on them and young men hate old farts using their money screw the young women their age. Is it attractive to the majority of long time viewers, most whom are women over 40; many who have no idea who the ladies even are?

No wonder soaps are dying if this is the soap industries mindset and marketing plan They INSULT their main audience. Obviously CBS feels women older than the two pictured aren't attractive enough to put on the main page, even for a 40th Anniversary. A CURRENT photo with Kay and Nikki should have been combined with Victor for the cover page. Shame on them , if I didn't know better I would have thought CBS transferred Hogan Sheffer over to head the the Marketing Department.

• Members

This Marcus/Leslie/Tyler story is getting more and more intriguing. I loved Marcus barging in on Victor like he does to everyone.

Don't do it, Mason, don't switch the pills! Resist the Moustache's temptation!

I liked Chelsea telling Adam to go away. Since when him is so gaga over Chelsea? He spent most of their marriage lusting after Sharon. Now he has lost Chelsea, he is constantly thinking about her. RME.

I usually ignore her, but I have to say that CK's hair looks gorgeous.

• Members

It's not? I thought all the soaps were after increases in the Nielsen ratings for the 18-34 group.

I think the 10,000 episode "celebration" was designed around Victor. Victor and the women are the cover page so he appears to be featured once again. I don't think I'm over reacting, just fed-up with just Newbies and ONE longtime cast member being promoted. We just went through years of it with MAB, now it's Steve Burton and others. Newbies are fine, but can't Y&R promote and honor our long-running cast (besides JUST VICTOR) even on the 40th Anniversary? I realize Victor is important but their are plenty of viewers who stated watching before he ever showed up & would watch the show if he was on or not. Besides they can make the 41st year YEAR OF THE VICTOR if they want. There seems to be no recognition of the fact that JC is the only cast member whose been around almost 40 years and Jill is the only character that's lasted 40 years. WHY? It's a 40 year celebration.

If it's only a damn webpage, why not include the older woman? Or better yet why not put Kay and Jill in the middle surrounded by the new male hotties??? Where is a that page? Wouldn't the viewers enjoy a fun page like this more? Viewers seem to enjoy the men on the basketball court whereas viewers were quite upset when Victor was paired with Sharon..I don't understand why they don't care about what their audience would like. Honestly that "webpage" would appeal to my Father and Grandfather and they have never watched a soap in their life.

Archived