Y&R February 2013 Discussion

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG Villy. Yes, I forgot all about them -- with good reason. They are utterly sleep-inducing. Amelia is pretty but OMG so damn blah. Sometimes I wish that Sarah "Take No Prisoners" Brown was playing the role of Victoria because at least would get some passion. Some dramatics!

When Carmine grabbed Lauren and kissed her, woah. I was nearly assaulted by the chemistry. Speaking of chemistry, Alex still has sparks with anybody and everybody. Even Abby, a little bit.

So Lily and Hotstuff didn't get up to anything in the car? Pity.

Yeah, Kay and Adriana was totally random. I thought she was going to beat up Granny C, rob her and leave her for dead, actually.

• Members

Marcy Rylan finally looks sexy and age appropriate in todays ep. Usually they have her looking like a 40 year old trying to dress as if she's still 20. I liked her scenes with Diego Alex

Lauren and the bartender are fire together, Great seeing Tracy B not only in the opening credits but getting her own story too!

I wish to God JFP had fallen through and recast Lily so we'd finally be rid of CK's annoying ass, sigh. I am enjoying the stuff with Tyler though

I'm glad they're redoing Victoria and Billy's house set, the whole thing is ugly. Surprisingly I didn't mind Chompers or Heinle and her bird nest she calls hair in their scenes.

That kid playing Fenmore isn't that great an actor but he fits as Michael's son and Kevin's nephew. Good casting there.

Watching Steve Burton in a new role on a different show is definitely strange. I still see a lot of Jason in his performance too.

Love seeing Jessica Collin's back on soaps. She's still fine as hell wub.png

Why the hell is Chelsea pregnant again, ugh. My baby MCE is wasted in this role.

The whole Sharon/Adam/Chelsea story has such a weird ABC Daytime feel to it, i don't know how to describe it. In fact the whole show does. It kind of works though.

• Members

I find Burton ok (but fe falls flat compared to the other additions I must say) on Y&R so far but Avery&Dylan? The actress playing Avery is nearly as flawless as Sharon Case and makes this nearly work. But this show has propped Nick&Avery as the new IT couple and I klinda fell for her pancake routine whereas this insta backstory with her soldier husband back from the dead? I also find it pretty stale.

Most other romance plots are quite good these days though and remind of the classic soap formula this show surely has been lacking with Billy&Victoria, Lily&Cane, Kevin&Chloe: the Tyler dude bringing Christel Khalil to life and most importantly that charming bastard Carmine... Way to go!!!

EDIT: pciking up on detroipiston's post: Am I the only totally digging that kid playing Fenmore (still a sh*tty character name though)? I find him perfect as Mickey Baldwin's son. He plays the torn sinsister side very well for someone his age.

Speaking of an ABC soap feel: STOP THE CRAP MUSIC ALREADY, JFP!? It's neither the 90s nor is this show on ABC...

• Members

I just watched today's episode on the CBS website (where despite the fact that my laptop has a very large screen w/1080p HD resolution the graphics on the site are piss poor) and that music was overpowering almost every scene.

I guess this is their idea of improving the music-- it seems they are reaching for their version of young and hip, but it is just mostly annoying and intrusive.

Music cues should be subtle, especially when there is still dialogue. I feel like I'm at an Express store where these vague music selections are just ringing in my ear.

At this point, I'd rather no music to this heavy-handed approach.

The best thing about today's episode was seeing Lauren snogging Carmine and then her posture after she entered the condo, her defensiveness and the way she blocked Michael on her way to the fireplace. Very interesting body language cues from Lauren.

Avery does emo sufficiently, but it felt one-sided. 'Dylan' was giving her nothing. I get that he's a soldier, so I don't expect him to be spilling over with emotion but for a moment, I wasn't sure whether I was watching Dylan or Stone Cold. Even after, when he was alone in the car, I didn't get much from him (no 'still waters run deep' vibe at all).

I'm probably not supposed to acknowledge the existence of YT but I miss it. If Y&R wants to attract people to their website, they need to make their screen resolution more attractive to those of us with bigger screens. You Tube is so sharp and clear, even when I watch full screen but I can only watch Y&R's site in the small screen, because as soon as I expand the screen, the image comes up all 'blocky'.

This doesn't happen on NBC.com, ABC.com, Hulu.com or any other site I can think of, just when I watch Y&R on the CBS.com website.

• Members

I didn't see sparkage between Alex and Abby but I didn't mind them either. Love to hear him say Alejandro. I'm glad this stolen money crap is over. Adriana is about to live with Kay I bet. Kay loves her strays.

Carmine is one hot MF. I'm glad JG/JFP knew what to do with him cuz MAB sure as hell didn't. Come on with the affair.

• Members

Angelica McDaniel has def been out there and more involved it seems since MAB was gone. I like her though, shes very interactive with the fans and listens to them, twitter is how Tracey E Bregman ended up being added to the new opening.

I am here for Carmine and Lauren! I saw all MD had to offer in some gay comedy and damn Lauren, yes. Get that.

• Members

Chelsea must be the most fertile woman on soaps...What is this? Pregnancy number three in one and a half years?

Sharon and Adam are still vile.

Lauren and Carmine are smoking hot. Under MAB I had absolutely no use for the character.

DG and CK are doing so much better with their new acting partners than they ever have together.

Archived