Y&R February 2013 Discussion

• Members

I never understood the age thing but too each his own. She looks perfectly acceptable to me and more importantly she looks and acts like the daughter of Ashley Abbott & Victor Newman. She owned that role in my opinion and her chemistry with her dad, mom, and siblings was just on point.

It was until the Naked Heiress storyline/bs that I grew tired of the character and wanted her to disappear. But none of that was due to Marcy Rylan.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Marcy Rylan in the role also. My only issue that she should be more of an Abbott than a Newman.

About the rest of the show and my previous comments, it has nothing to do with if Nick and Sharon can or cannot fix Noah's situation, but rather as parents they should be sharing scenes talking about their son's problems and contemplating how they can help him even if there I nothing that they can do. Also, Summer is involved in this bullying story, do Nick and Phyllis even know? They too should be having conversations about Summer's situation. I expect these types of family scenes on Y&R. They have generated some of the best moments and give the depth to these characters so when tragedy hits, it is heartbreaking because we know how much these people love each other. Right now, other than the Fenmore/Baldwin drama, the show feels like a collection of random stories with little connection to each other. There are bright spots for me like Jack's recovery, Chelsea's new story, and the talented good looking men (IS, RW, LM. and RA), but rest is pretty tedious.

• Members

It doesn't help she looks a few years older than she is. And she plays every role the same way in everything I see her in. I don't feel like I'm watching Abby when I see her because her Abby is the same as her Lizzie. Naked Heiress crap aside because even after the Naked Heiress stuff ended it still didn't feel like she was Abby.

• Members

MM is an idiot

Knucklehead Magnet@michaelmuhney

Just because you're an older actor it does NOT make u a lead. Oh well. But I'm very excited about so many GREAT performances!

Knucklehead Magnet@michaelmuhney

But, there are several actors & actresses who have submitted themselves as leads when their characters SUPPORT, they don't LEAD.

• Members

Seriously, there is some thing about becoming a soap actor with fawning fans that makes some of these actors lose their f'ing minds. MM had a secondary role on Veronica Mars and could barely get any work before Y&R, but now he has an ego the size as a house. Dude, shut the f' up!

• Members

Is MM referring to EB or PB? Regardless, they are the primary leads of Y&R. I checked the episode counts, they both appeared more than MM. Why does he think that he is the lead over them? He is in the lead/supporting category with Billy Miller. If anyone should complain, it is Josh Morrow who is definitely a co-lead with EB and PB in terms of appearance and story dominance.

• Members

He should worry more about keeping up his face and finding an acceptable hairstyle. He's not aging well at all, and while this doesn't matter as much for men in the industry, it matters more than it used to. He's starting to look like Red Buttons in a wind tunnel.

Archived