HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Members

Again, I am thrilled that we got actual confirmation from PP on both shows but I can't help but be a tad bit disappointed that we didn't get more from the AMC press release. Thorsten Kaye and Jill Larson were nice surprises but no mention of the writers? That is very disconcerting. I am still so happy AMC/OLTL are coming back I guess that part of me wanting everything right now wishes I got it.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agree that the AMC cast is WEAK. I have to admit I expected they were further along with AMC casting than we were aware. Clearly not.

Very surprised they haven't even been able to secure MEK (either yet, or at all).

I don't think many of the coming AMC castings are going to make it any stronger. Pretty sure Ryan and Greenlee will be two of them.

AMC needs to look beyond the final cast at this point to shore things up a bit. Approach Larry Lau, especially if they can't get MEK. And Adam or no Adam get Julia Freaking Barr.

• Members

Agreed completely.

I actually--even without Stuart--wouldn't mind Marian coming on (at least as recurrin) and bringing on Liza--would have loved to have seen "nuLiza" interact with her more (of course for much of her run, they had even completely forgotten it seemed that Marian was in the loony bin).

• Members

I agree that the Evanses and the Buchanans would do everything to ensure that Drew was taken care of. They would never leave Destiny cash-strapped and desperate. And there's no way that Nora, Matthew's liberal lawyer mother, would ever allow her punk son to financially fake on his child's mother. While I do feel that it's in character for Destiny to have the spunk to be an independent mother who is determined to make it on her own for herself and her child, I do not think it's in character for her to seek the financial help of an older man before she tried to just get herself a damn job.

That said, having a sugar daddy, or daddies, is not the same as turning tricks. While I think it's OOC for her to choose such a salacious-sounding site (though it certainly makes what she's doing here more specific), she's basically doing what many young women do on more legitimate sounding dating sites... connecting with older, financially secure men to date/marry who will financially provide for them. I don't think she's screwing dudes and getting crisp Benjamins left on the night stand. Women can get a lot out of men with the mere suggestion that sex is a possibility.

• Members

It is wrong I was happiest to see Jill Larson? LOL. Thorsten? I'm kinda shocked. I guarantee you Alicia and Cameron would have signed on if they weren't doing other things at the moment. I do think they need to ramp up the casting for AMC. I have to admit not seeing MEK surprised me. Whoever is running AMC is definitely going to have to think outside of the box now, IMHO. I figured it would need the most "work" to at least have a workable cast. I mean, I'd watch Debbi Morgan and Vincent Irizarry in every scene but you can't have a full show with who they have. I know it's still early.

No one surprised on the OLTL list. Very very glad to see Erika confirmed. I don't mind Missal and Trischitta and besides, honestly, would we all have really been OK with so many recasts? Jack, Dani, Matthew, Destiny ... who knows who else? I'm glad they are at least keeping familiar faces and I think they both have potential.

It is kinda sad they have the minorities on recurring status. I hope Rama and Vimal are given plenty to do. I think they have such potential. Shaun/Sean ... meh. I'm glad he's there because of Destiny and I kinda figured he would be because he signed on last time.

Archived