GH: December 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know there's no argument from me as I agree 300%. Every opportunity FRon has created for themselves with this show is squandered in a matter of weeks. GH is a convoluted plotpoint disjointed mess! And before anyone chimes in about the state of the show before the clowns came in, it's been a year and we hardly questioned the back from the dead because many were happy they were not dead, but those returns have only been a success due to nostalgia. Anna is the head of the PD but possibly the dumbest chick around (2nd to Ron's Carly). What good have the returns done GH? Really?!

• Members

I feel as if Ellie and Spinelli break up over Maxie every other week

If you throw in the time jump from todays show, it has been about 2 and a half weeks since we've seen whats happened with them. WTF indeed as there was no resolution to such a big and heavy plot

• Members

+1

I don't think that the show has been a mess this year. As with all the other soaps GH has had it's downs this year but overall it was a pretty good year and the majority of the fans are happy with it except for some people on this board. But I have to give GH credit where credit is due and say that GH is the ONLY soap that has been able to hold my attention for an hour a day everyday this year. I just deleted DAYS and sometimes occasionally would watch 15 minutes of it, I watched a little bit of B&B but mostly fast forwarded and deleted it and Y&R.....oh Lord don't get me started on Y&R. But I haven't fast forwarded GH or deleted any episodes so I'll give them points for that. LOL

• Members

I cringe when I hear people say the "majority of fans" think or feel or say anything. Unless you have access to the data, I doubt you know what the majority of fans . . . whatever. You, and some of your friends on the message board represent the majority in your mind. And I and my friends on the message boards think we're the majority. Hardly scientific.

• Members

This. I think some fans like GH and some fans don't. I don't think it is on the major creative upswing the soap press does. It's very different from Guza's GH, so it seems fresh, but there are still many glaring problems with RC's vision. There are way too many characters getting airtime that I have little to no investment in (Sabrina, Felix, Britt, Trey, Starr, Kate, Ellie, etc.), the pacing is horrible (Robin's story, anyone? or the Connie story, which is about four months past its expiration date), and there are some bizarre loose ends (the Tomas story, Jason's death). I am liking Aj and Lucy's returns and the Duke/Anna/Robert/Robin story, but there are other stories that are just horrible (Kate's DID, Olivia's visions, Starr/Michael's romance, Ellie/Spinelli/Maxie triangle, whatever is going on with Britt/Sabrina/Patrick) plus there are characters just floundering without any story (Liz, Alexis). And Sonny's storyline is trying to 'flirt' Connie into Kate. Just send MB on a long vacation and say he is with Brenda or something because this [!@#$%^&*] is just a waste of airtime. Plus, as unpopular as this is, I think Jason's exit was horribly mishandled. I have no use for Jason, but he drove story for 15 years and just 'dies' with a whimper. I think he at least deserved a funeral. Literally no one cares he is dead including his soulmate Sonny and his biggest fangirl Carly and it just seems so odd. So, in conclusion, I guess RC is better than Guza, but certainly not the savior of GH he is made out to be.

Archived