Favorite Opening Credits Shots

• Members

What are yours?

Some of mine:

200px-Ericakane.jpg

(also loved the two alternating shots of her in the "signature" credits ca. 2002)

-Adam and Stuart in the double frame from "Falling Pictures" (actually, I loved the whole frame sequence before the pictures started falling)

tumblr_m886k84Flw1rbkqflo1_1280.jpg

(all of the variations of Joan's shot in the credits were great, but this one is perhaps the most iconic)

tumblr_mc9h2agnUt1ruqowxo1_1280.jpg

2-jock-ewing4.jpg?w=719

-Roger (Michael Zaslow) in his tux in GL's Hold on to Love opening

-From the same opening, the final shot of Harley (Beth Ehlers) doing her sexy bop across the dance floor (I also liked the shot of Marcy Walker as Tangie, sipping her champagne, that would later replace Beth's shot... interesting how they'd later be connected with the whole Liza Colby replacement debacle)

-Lauren (Tracey E. Bregman) in the pewter dress in the old B&B opening

I'll stop here for now so I don't end up stealing everybody else's.

Pics, gifs, and time specific links are great, but not at all necessary as we'll know exactly what you're talking about. :) Please refrain from embedding videos so everyone can enjoy the thread without it clogging and crashing.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Someone that loves credits as much as I do? Is it possible? wub.png

DEFINITELY the Erica Kane shots in the Scrapbook Opening. That entire opening was magical, everyone's shot was fantastic. Maria's with her pushing her hair out of her face was a standout.

I'd have to go through them to pick out my favorites but all the AMC openings 2003-2012 had some amazing shots (not including the cheap ass one at the end).

• Members

I like the concept, I just hate how short the character shots are. They could cut the buildings or logo short a bit and make it a tad longer on each shot so we can actually see who's in them. Like the Spinelli-Tracy-Alexis-Kristina one...my eyes go to the center and by the time I can think to move them out to the ends, the shot is gone.

I just got super sad about AMC being gone sad.png My favorite opening song and visuals of all times, Scrapbook and Family Album.

• Members

4jDfk.jpg

LMAO! This brings memories bc me and my cousins used to think our aunt was Erica Kane! Everytime that shot came on when we were kids we would scream her name. Never mind you she was black, but hey she was light skinned, short and had long hair and projected herself as the "sexy" one in the family. Surely you can see where the confusion would come in for 5-7 year olds

• Members

LMAO I should've known. I really don't dislike it but clearly you can't beat FoTH.

This is totally random but I remember when I realized how no one was looking directly at the camera and was extremely relieved cause it always pissed me off when I saw those few people that didn't (or at least the only few I perceived didn't) :lol:

• Members

Oh how I love the Knots Landing shot that was in the credits for most of the early-to-mid-80s - it's a snippet of the exquisite segue where we go from Val, still dealing with losing Gary and moving on, sitting in her living room at sunset, to Abby, standing on the deck of her beach house, contemplating whether or not to donate a kidney to Diana.

Susan Sullivan turning to the camera for all eternity is another favorite.

• Members

-Danny (Michael Damian) rocking out in the old Y&R credits

-I have enjoyed every opening credits shot Jess Walton did back in that era. Jess can throw angles and toss hair like no other.

I adore this opening, and each and every cast shot is bizarre/hilarious in its own special way. They are really doing too much:

That is a beautiful shot of her, she has very nice bone structure. I don't often say this about women, but I think she's actually sexier blonde.

Archived