Favorite Opening Credits Shots

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In the past, I've imagined what it would look like if they had scenes from the show with various cast member reflected on the revolving glass (kind of like a mix between GL's My Guiding Light and Hold on to Love openings), or even zoomed in and superimposed faces on the falling grains of sand.

• Members

True, it's such an iconic opening and some fans even gave them [!@#$%^&*] when they introduced the computer graphics version. I think it was Corday who said in SOD back then that the only reason they did that was because the original film was just not holding up well. It's true, it was super grainy and glitchy like an old reel to reel film you'd watch in Health class.

• Members

That's my fave Dynasty opening, too. A great embarrassment of bitches! It's crystal clear how/why they could only go down from such a high peak at that point.

The Claire Yarlett clip always looks so Miami Vice to me. I don't usually associate that type of scene with Dynasty.

I remember a few years back on SoapChat (boards for all of the major 80s nighttime soaps), they noticed the symbolism in some of the "nature scenes" behind the actors. Gordon Thomson reclining in a glass of wine, Geoffrey Scott's bouncing tennis balls, Billy Dee Williams's cannonball train, Heather Lockler's coochie opening up like a safe, etc. Hilarious.

Archived