BB Ronn Moss OUT!!!!!!

• Members

'The Bold and the Beautiful': Original cast member Ronn Moss exiting after 25 years -- EXCLUSIVE

by Tanner Stransky

Tags: Daytime Soaps, EW Exclusive, Scoop, Television, The Bold and the Beautiful, TV Biz, TV Scoop, News

Comments 3Add comment

Image Credit: CLIFF LIPSON

After more than two decades on The Bold and the Beautiful, Ronn Moss is leaving the CBS soap where he’s played fashion magnate Ridge Forrester since the show’s 1987 inception, EW has learned exclusively.

An insider tells EW that CBS imposed cuts on the show’s production company, Bell Phillip Television, which were passed on to actors via salary cuts just as Moss’ contract was up for renewal. The actor decided the reduced pay was unacceptable and left on his own accord. Moss could not be reached for comment.

Production company Bell Phillip Television confirmed the exit. “Ronn has spent an amazing 25 years with B&B,” a rep for Bell Phillip said in a statement. “We will always consider him family, and we wish him only the best in all of his future endeavors.”

Moss was one of the so-called “core four” on Bold, referring to the foursome of original actors still on the show, including Susan Flannery as Stephanie Forrester, John McCook as Eric Forrester, and Katherine Kelly Lang as Brooke Logan.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL, We posted threads on this at the same time. You can delete mine Toups.

I am shocked. For the longest time this whole show as revolved around Ridge. Even though he's not the greatest actor, nor Ridge my favorite character, it'll be hard to imagine B&B with out him. I guess this could give the other Forrester siblings like Thorne, Felicia a change to take center stage for once.

• Members

I never thought the day would come! I wonder if this is a bluff and he's just holding out though. If he does leave, I really hope this doesn't hurt the ratings, especially in the foreign countries the show airs in. I personally couldn't care less for Ridge, but he does seem popular. And with Nick gone and Thorne pushed to the background, I wonder who will replace him.

• Members

B&B unlike the other soaps seems more dependent on their femaies than males. I think the show can survive his loss. I don't think it could survive losing Brooke or Stephanie. They could also increase Taylors presence.

Y&R is a totally diff dynamic. There the men aside from Phyllis and occasionally Nikki tend to be the more dominant force.

• Members

This is a little hard to piece together. Article says CBS cut B&B's licensing fee, so B&B is asking it's vets to take pay cuts and Ronn refused so he walked. Same story we've heard a million times before on other soaps. But, didn't CBS's Angelica McDaniel just use B&B in an interview as an example of soap who's ratings are on the rise? I could understand cuts if the show was falling in ratings like Y&R, but B&B hasn't been lately. I know international syndication means nothing to CBS, but I wonder how much Bells make off it? I guess I always assumed the Bells made enough internationally to cover the costs of making the show.

• Administrator

I didn't realize 2012 was a renewal year, so how did the licence fee change?

As much of a bad actor Ron Moss is, B&B without Ridge will be weird. I thought the original four would be on until the show ended.

Archived