BB Ronn Moss OUT!!!!!!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Errol's right. Yes, we can all agree Ronn isn't the best actor to come down the pike, but the thing is the CHARACTER is integral to the canvas. A recast of Ridge with the right actor might work, but with Ronn so well known in the role...

The show just went to Italy as well. That remote had to be a pretty penny.

With Days trying its millionth reset, this was not the time to try something that would send B&B's viewers over to Days (although in all honesty, once they saw what a mess that show was they might run back... lol). I gotta believe Ronn will be back someday, if not soon.

• Members

Wow, I'm in shock but i don't think the news has seriously hit me yet.

I think they will most likely kill Ridge off, I just wonder if they will the same way Phoebe died, or that they will just say he had a heart attack, he has had them before on the show.

• Members

Hasn't the show been sort of phasing Ridge out anyway, over the last year?

Like everyone else said, I never thought this would happen.

Moss is a terrible actor, but it's easy to overlook just how integral he was to B&B's success internationally. Moss ALWAYS had dynamite chemistry with his leading ladies in the show's first decade. Joanna Johnson, KKL, Hunter Tylo - I was not a fan of Ridge/Taylor, but I can't deny the chemistry they had early on. Moss always had good chemistry with the actors who played his family.

Ridge was a spoiled brat, a pathetic baby, a jerk, but Moss always had some type of cool, and he had a certain sense of humor, the same humor which Drake Hogestyn also had for a long time. They know they're on a soap, and while they don't sneer and treat this as a huge burden to their ego, they also don't take it too seriously.

I'm not sure what was left for Ridge anyway - when I was throwing around story ideas for the show I just wanted to make him a complete a$$hole who would get into a huge Forrester war with Dayzee.

I guess this is why Dollar Dye Job has been getting more and more of a role. I don't think he works as a character, and they never give Thorne anything to do, so they may need to bring someone new in. There are certainly plenty of talented soap leading men who need work.

I'd suggest John Loprieno.

Archived