BB Ronn Moss OUT!!!!!!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. I am sure folks will come out and chastize him for not recognizing his value has dropped and soaps aren't what they were and he should be a team player, blah blah blah. But at least he's being honest and recognizing that perhaps its time to move on. I feel that way about Peter Reckell too and I've read a lot of folks beat up on him for leaving too. Frankly I'm sure Moss and Reckall have not been spendthrifts and have saved their money so that they can live comfortably and perhaps move onto new things. Not everyone has to live in a multimillion dollar Malibu home to be happy.

• Members

Unfortunately, the audience feels the actors/performers are supposed to care about them more than do what they feel is best for themselves. It's not up to any actor to keep a show afloat. That is TIIC's job. One person leaving should not have a major effect on an entire show, but nowadays, people are watching for the actors/performers and not necessarily the stories. There is not much to hang onto but the people in front of the camera. They keep us watching.

• Members

I don't think most of the audience watches for specific actors. Online noise seems to lead folks to believe that but I don't buy it.It's been proven when actors have left and come back and ratings don't go down or up when that's happened. The Brenda return and Laura's subsequent returns on GH seems to reinforce that. I think there are very few actors that wield that kind of power in soaps. Eric Braeden might be the only one. Stephanie on B&B was that a few years back but I don't think Stephanie as a character is that integral to stories anymore where Victor still is.

Archived