BB Ronn Moss OUT!!!!!!

• Members

Instead of hoping for that, how about writing an exit that makes sense? Soaps by their nature already max out fan goodwill.

I'm tired of writers and showrunners (daytime and primetime) who put stuff they know doesn't work on the screen then try and spin it in the press and blogs.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Frankly I'm tired of when someone threatens or leaves it being talked about as the end all be all. Fans only have the,elves to blame to an extent, having a need to clutch onto characters long past their expiration date. There was a time for years when actors and characters transitioned seamlessly in and out of soaps without it being considered the end of the world.Does anyone think soaps have lasted so long by keeping the same people on the forefront for 50 years. That's not practical forget that it's not a physical possibility. And I'm sorry the idea that B&B is going to lose viewers significant enough if Ron Moss leaves to me is ridiculous. I remember the claims of what was going to happen to Days back in 2008/2009 when the DH's and MBE and SN were fired and that never happened either.

Ron Moss is a crappy actor but it's his decision and more power to him if he chooses to move on in a fresh direction in his life. I am guessing unlike folks like Jackie Zeman, hes managed his money wisely. It's just a shame B&B won't use this as an opportunity to move the show in a fresh direction

• Webmaster

Sometimes its best for a soap to let the originator go with their character in toe! After 25 years, Moss should be allowed to finish up his storyline and take the character off the show with him. There is a no reason for a recast and viewers will not accept one. This isn't just about a character that has been popular for a time on the soap, this is about a veteran character that has been portrayed by the same person consecutively for over 25 years on a show that's been on the air the same length of time. You do NOT recast that type of character no matter what people think of said actors acting talents.

• Members

I 100% agree with you on this, but this does seem so sudden, and random, that I can almost cut slack. Of course, Brad Bell is involved in the financials, so surely he must have had an idea, but it's all so sudden.

I don't think you can recast Ridge. They've reduced his role on the show in the last year or two anyway. I'd just have Brooke move on to other stories.

I don't know if I care for the idea of Bill/Brooke though.

• Members

I agree. I don't like Ridge, but he's one of those handful of characters on soaps that shouldn't be recast. Brad should have killed off Ridge and used that opportunity to reboot/refocus the show, which they already been doing a bit of with Steffy/Liam/Hope eating up the show.

• Members

I am stunned that Bradley Bell plans to recast this role for the long-haul. If he is serious, he's an even bigger twit than I thought.

I wonder if Ronn is taking a sabbatical to reform Player and tour. After 18 months or so, Moss returns to B&B; this Ridge "recast" will be the equivalent of Pumpkin-in-a-Wig on GH who replaced Genie Francis for the better part of a decade. He'll show up once in a while, mumble "Now, mother" to Stephanie at FC board meetings and hop on the Forrester jet back to Forrester International.

Personally, I think Bell is a talentless, imagination-free hack for not killing Ridge off entirely and milking an amazing umbrella story from that. God knows he could come back later down the line. If Taylor can come back from the grave, so can Ridge.

• Members

That interview was dripping with spite! To recast would be a mistake. The death of Ridge would lead to all kinds of possiblities, but that idiot hack can't see past Steffy/Liam/Dope. Not sure why he believes Ron does not have a right to do what is best for him. That interview said nothing of the legacy of the character, and in today's climate, something has to remain sacred. Kill Ridge off, and write a damn story!

• Members

I don't buy that it's all that sudden. Budget cuts don't just show up out of the blue. Neither do contract negotiations. I have no opinion of Bell but I agree that the interview fairly drips with passive-aggression and the fact that he's already prepping the audience for something bad doesn't exactly make me think "creative genius." Admittedly that I'm almost always biased on the side of actors who decide they want out. I respect that a lot more than the ones who try to turn Jedi Mind Tricks for a product they know is crap. *waves to the cast of GH*

• Members

I think one of the problems with killing Ridge at the moment would be you can't build up to it (then again nothing on B&B has built up in many years). I can see where they would just write him out for now. I don't know if it's worth killing him off when the actor won't film the scenes and when we all know that anyone can come back in soaps.

I can't see them ever recasting Ridge. I wouldn't mind them just breaking Ridge/Brooke up, offcamera, and have her move on.

• Members

Amen to the entire post, but especially the highlighted part. It's funny you waved to GH cast because LW caught a bit of hell yesterday on Twitter. Can't imagine she went home feeling good at all. But she has a really cool hubby, so I'm sure he made it all better for her.

In short, SoapsInDepth commented on the GH TL that Carly was the worst mother ever for running around the house half naked with handcuffs and her boy toy with a small child somewhere in said house. LW must have seen it and she responded. Something to the effect, "GH is kicking ass. Watch the whole story play out before you slam (um LW, this schlock has gone on long enough, and there's nothing left to see)...Alot of people are working very hard here". Many fans, including myself, didn't care for that at all. I adore LW, so I was kind in my response. I was disappointed at such a naive post. Yes the actors are working hard, but that does not mean the audience is getting a good product. Anywhooo...hope she has a better day today.

But back to the topic at hand. I, too, admire those who are willing to walk away as opposed to manipulating their audience into sticking with trash because they adore the actors. Go Ronn!

Archived