BB Ronn Moss OUT!!!!!!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think that is Moss' problem. I honestly believe he is insulted that he is being asked to take a cut. Ronn strikes me as very confident and self aware, so he'd walk before he accepted less than he thought was owed to him - nonacting chops aside. The man has been on the show since day one and 1 of 4 of the original cast. That is big business, and Ronn knows it.

• Members

That response always works my nerves. Just because people are working hard doesn't mean the product is any good. It just means that you are working really hard at making garbage.

In that clip a few pages back, Moss is obviously working hard. Does that make it any less awful?

• Members

It's his choice. I don't get the mentality of some actors like NLG chastising these actors who won't take a cut. It's his choice and B&B is doing the right thing also by not giving into demands they can't financially. Paycuts only get you so far. This is not like a teacher taking a pay freeze until the economy improves. This is not an industry in a slump that's going to start booming again.. And you can only cut pay so far. He's 60 and could have easily taken the cut and hung on.mhe chose not to. I don't think Peter Reckalls decision to leave Days was a whole lot different than this. Maybe just maybe these folks are just ready to move on.

• Members

Eww, don't remind me of that horror! B&B has always been slightly incestuous, but that crossed the line.

As for recasting Ridge...

It will be incredibly difficult, but I'll reserve judgment for now. It's not like Ridge is center of attention anymore, and he will probably be even less visible in the future.

• Members

Are you kidding? This is B&B, where couples meet, fall in love, have sex with other people (accidentally), break up, reunite, marry, have babies, have sex with other people again (accidentally!), break up and go on the rebound with each other's sibling before the credits roll.

Believe me, there's plenty of time to make a Ridge/Taylor reunion and send-off happen.

• Members

Very true. I am all too familar with BB's drive thru romances. Nick and Donna were on the same eppy one day, and this was after she was supposedly so devastated over the loss of her offscreen marriage to Justin. 2 days later, they are sailing, gazing into one another's eyes and doing some heavy making out. Before I began scratching my head, I realized it was the norm.

• Members

Pumpkin-in-a-Wig... haha, that made me chuckle smile.png

Bold & Beautiful is so schizophrenic and tells stories at warped speed with people falling in & out of love, and getting over deaths of loved ones quicker than the time it takes to toast bread, but you always had the 4 constant tentpoles of the show played by the same faces (even if cosmetic surgery altered them somewhat). Although it was bound to happen sooner or later (especially with rumors popping up every other year of Susan Flannery retiring), this will definitely change the landscape of B&B. Luckily, they seem to have already made the right transitions before this Ronn Moss news even hit.

The thing is, even though the love stories are basically a joke on B&B , you always had the major characters to keep things grounded, even if Ridge was a ping pong ball, bouncing off Taylor and Brooke repeatedly. The other couplings are so obviously thrown together and not taken seriously (Donna & anyone, Thorne & anyone, Nick & anyone, Felicia & anyone, etc. etc. etc.) so to have the one mainstay now leaving, it's going to be a free-for-all of pointless couples that the powers-that-be aren't really that committed to. Brooke & Ridge and Eric & Stephanie were the only 2 main couples, despite their make-ups and break-ups. For awhile some 10-15 years back it was Ridge & Taylor, but that's been out the window for quite a long time.

Okay, end of B&B rambling. It's such a superfluous soap, this is the first time people are really giving a damn about discussing this show. :)

Archived