BB Ronn Moss OUT!!!!!!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CBS has been cutting B&B's licensing fee since the mid 2000s. RM, SF, JMc, KKL and HT the jewels in the crown. Brad doesn't know how to budget his show, and his inability to deliver scripts in a timely manner has a domino effect on all of production and creates unnecessary costs. There are only so many maneuvers that can be made until they finally had to go after the jewels.

• Members

Your idea just gets better and better, Cheap!

I'm not sure how I feel about Brooke & Bill as a couple in of themselves, for me Steffy & Bill will always be the money couple in this hypothetical triangle. Despite their age difference, these two are very alike (maybe too alike), ambitious and determined to prove themselves, and it makes sense that they would be drawn together. With Brooke, I imagine Bill the eternal horndog would be drawn to her "sex symbol" persona, Brooke is drawn to a take-charge man, and both would need each other to consolidate power at FC as you point out so well. Maybe they are drawn together and have to work together but they never quite trust each other.

Your point about the shares is great -- if Brooke and Ridge were married. As they aren't (yet), this would set up a different umbrella SL where Bill decides to back Brooke's claim to FC, and this would pit him against Steffy who of course wants to run FC herself some day and keep it in her and Thomas's hands. And then there's Thorne, Felicia, Rick, Bridget and Hope.

Of course, the irony is that if only Stephanie, Brooke, Steffy and Hope could work together because they all have different strengths and those combined strengths would (in theory) support most aspects of the business. This really is a matriarchal show.

Sigh. B&B is really the only soap I could see myself attempting fanfic. I don't know why. Maybe it's the small, manageable canvas. Maybe it's all the wasted opportunity and potential this show has.

• Members

I like the idea of Bill & Brooke, though I'd love to see them re-visit Thorne & Brooke. Maybe Moss's departure means Winsor Harmon will get put back on contract?

It is quite strange to think of B&B without that horse galloping around with his dark dyed mane. I wonder how this will affect overseas popularity of the show.

• Members

Actually Ridge and Brooke not being married could still work in her favor. At Ridge's will hearing, everyone would probably be waiting in anticipation of how he decided to divide up his shares, namely the Taytots are expectng to get an increase in power. However it would be fitting if Ridge left all 20% of his shares to RJ and his rational being that Thomas already has 30% and Steffy, 25%. Since RJ is not of legal age yet, Brooke as his mother gets total power over it until he turns 18. How's that for a twist? The Taytots definetly would not be happy about that

• Members

I bet Forrester International is in trouble and Ridge leaves to fix things overseas. In the meantime they can go through contract negotiations and if that fails, he dies in a plane crash on his way back. That would also buy them time in case they want to go the recast route

Archived