GH: August 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

LMAO! laugh.png I just have not had the time lately. Life has been insane.

I appreciate OLTL_fan picking up my slack, lol. I was actually going to ask you if you wanted to do it this month, Cheap, since you make such great banners. But...I forgot. Ha!

Anyway, things should have calmed down enough for me to resume duty in September! :)

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Weak is one thing, but the stories are not cohesive at all. There's a re-write every other day to accommodate whatever the plot maybe, today - even the damn plot changes once a week. It's awful! Cartooni's "style" is not a match for GH, or any soap for that matter. Ron is the most unimaginative idiot I've ever seen.

Then they drop a story for weeks on end, only to pick it back up, and guess what, the plot has changed. Cartooni are absolutely ridiculous! We won't get into the drive thru romances, and the never ending chemistry free couplings.

• Members

Yea, I was not surprised a OLTLer had the most episodes for the month of July. I was pleasantly surprised at Heather and Anna being close to the top though. But they are GHers. A OLTL character should not have the most episodes on GH.

• Members

Then this thread would have nothing to talk about, as everyone has their own personal biases when it comes to enjoyment of the show. mellow.png

Agreed. Berman in particular has been on point and is finally reminding me why she has those two Emmy's.

One thing I like about Cartini is that he has (re)vitalized Lulu's core character and main purpose in terms of motivation. Under Garin she became this kind of nagging shrew of the likes of Everybody Loves Raymond. But Cartini has given her stories outside of that abysmal marriage to provide her greater opportunity and use outside of it which underscores who she truly is. She's a strong woman who needs to have something going on and she doesn't like the typical 9-5 stuff like others may be more comfortable with, she is a Drama Queen/Adventure junkie. Her stories with Patrick/Maxie, Luke and Johnny are referencing this a bit and also providing greater texture of her character as well as driving home key character points within who Lulu truly is. She's a rolling stone who always wants to be on the run experiencing new and different things. Reconciling this with the fact that it doesn't jive with the stay at home chick/right-hand woman/domesticated homemaker Dante wants her to be is gold to me.

I like that they are approaching this because it's realistic and true to who the characters are. Pod!Lulu has never made sense to me since they have gotten married.

Archived