Y&R: August Discussion

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm tired of the gossip, tabloid stuff in any form. Someone spills tea, people are pissed, rinse and repeat. Its time to end Useless Pile completely. Another lame business I hope is short-lived is this Pinterest crap Chadam and Chlovin are doing together. A bunch of former baddies staring at a computer screen is snoozeville.

Between Chloe/Kevin, Abby/Carmine, Kyle/Eden, and Daniel/Heather...the young couples truly suck all around. This whole bracket is just pitiful. TPTB's 'focus on the young set' agenda is sure to fail.

• Members

The three young leads Y&R has (James, Schmidt & Graziadei) they backburner (Schmidt) constantly force to carry horrible pairings (Graziadei) or use as a token (James).

All the rest are either not good actors (Carmine), too underdeveloped (Kyle), way too old & too creepy (Kevin) or way too old, too creepy & not a good actor (The Ostrich).

• Members

I actually don't mind Restless Style, I just wished half the cast didn't work there.

Why is Nikki all up in Sharon and Victor's marriage business? Does she have nothing better to do? She looks so pressed.

• Members

Oh I just think Restless Style is one of the worst ideas to hit Y&R in years. It's like when NVP and Beauty of Nature replaced Tuvia and Safra which were brought on to be the new cosmetics divisions in place of Jabot and Brash & Sassy. Why on earth Y&R ever thought to replace Jabot and Brash & Sassy never made any damn sense. Those were the companies the audience understood.

There hasn't been a good business storyline on Y&R since The Takeover in the late 90s, early 2000s and that one was brilliant.

• Members

I've seen better hosting and production values on Public Access. Billy Miller, to his credit, looked thoroughly embarrassed by the whole thing. Abby vs Chloe has legs, though. Team Abby!

I usually hate VapidToria but she woke up from her Sominex haze yesterday to call Phyllis out on her crimes, her jaw-dropping selfishness and even brought up the fact that Phyllis essentially tore Lucy from her arms. Hurrah! Go VapidToria! I usually can't stand Amelia Heinle's non-acting ass but she outshone that overrated blowhard Miller by miles.

• Members

I wanted to punch Phyllis in her face yesterday, telling Victoria and Billy to think about the children and then brought up Lucy. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif I hate Victoria but loved when she said did you think about Noah and Faith when you wrote articles about Sharon, or about Kyle when you wrote about Diane. Phyllis is an insufferable bitch. Ugh.

• Members

Wow, thanks! That's such a nice thing to say! Right back atcha.

I especially loved it when VapidToria pointed out that Phyllis always hid behind "mah CHILDRIN" as her justification/excuse for everything when in all actuality Phyllis is only doing what is good for Phyllis, period.

This is borne out in today's US episode where Phyllis signs over Summer's trust fund to Dr. Tim in order to shut him up. Sucks to be you, Supergirl.

Lucy better start clipping coupons because her trust fund is next.

• Members

I have said for ages Heinle carried Miller in that pairing. Now I hate Villy and I hate what they have done to Victoria in that pairing, but there is no way Mr. Grin outshines Heinle. I watched this week and Miller is downright hammy and awful. I truly don't know what's happened to him because while I have never really warmed to him in this role, he's never been this terrible. Its all image and no substance to his presence on this show. Heck even Ricky was more interesting than Billy is.

Restless Style was a failed attempt to move this show in I assume what MAB considered a hip new tabloidish direction. People complain about reality TV so why the heck is it any better when a soap tries to replicate what soap fans love to chastize as trash tv.

• Members

I've said it for awhile now that Billy (the character) is a thankless role and that's just been elevated since Miller decided to check out every other few months to go for pilots and film roles. Billy for the most part doesn't even feel like a character anymore, he feels like a plot point to cage in Phyllis even more then she already is.

Archived