Y&R: August Discussion

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that Victor Newman's plane is exactly the same as Bill Spencer's. Have Y&R and B&B previously borrowed each others' sets?

It was so unrealistic for Victor to be able to just walk into the Abbott house.

• Members

I think the tie is the problem. I LIKED the 70's because people would wear color. Today, everyone is so afraid of color that no matter what the occasions, all the men are dressed for a funeral. What Billy's suit needed was NOT a change of color, but a change of fabric and a silver tie.

• Members

Is there a point to anything on this show?

It all seems so made up and superficial, as if no one could be bothered to put any thought into anything.

From the writing, to production, to acting - all seems so lazy, sloppy and uninspired. I can't believe some people are defending Maria and her henchmen for what this has show become and are sad to see this regime ousted.

• Members

I was in tears watching my Ashley saying goodbye to everybody in Genoa City today. I'm going to miss her! sad.png I think her tears with many of the actors (Stephen Nichols, Marcy Rylan, Eric Braeden, MTS etc) were real. She also seemed to give a little wave to the crew/audience at the end.

The wedding may have been cheapo, but MTS worked overtime making it work. She was so charming and spontaneous throughout. And heck at least they splurged for a real wedding cake. Shictor got married on an airplane. Just like Victor and Diane last year.

Billy is such an ass. That wedding speech about women always twisting the truth? Takes one to know one, !@#$%^&*]. Hasn't Jack fucked over a boatload of women as well? FauxToria stood next to Billy preening and laughing and looking like a complete dumbass.

• Members

I know. That's why it feels like a real goodbye and why I'm sad about it.

It's a shame, for me at least (I know some couldn't care less, but I have a real fondness for this character, have done since the 80s and the days of Terry Lester et al. Eileen Davidson is so talented and the epitome of a stunning, glamourous woman. But in Hollywood, if you are female and over 35... sad.png

Archived