CNN Video: 'GH' Still Going Strong

• Members

Not if it means being subjected (again!) to individuals telling me, who probably watched GUIDING LIGHT longer than they have, that if TPTB are pissing me off to the point of tears, then they're only doing their job, and doing it correctly. Or that I'd be more appreciative of what I saw on-screen if I knew all hard work and energy and, um, love they put into their product everyday.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kahn dont let those posters get to you. Your allowed to feel what you want about this. Just dont get baited into all this drama. Im sorry if you took the production question as a swipe but its just something Ive always wondered. How much freedom do they have, even with Frons gone. I know we wont get that true answer til ABC is done with GH.

• Members

Oh, for the love of -- ! And that's another argument I get tired of hearing from peeps who don't understand why some of us are less than thrilled with the SOAPY GOODNESS (tm Carl) that's on-screen. I'll say to you what I've said in the past to viewers who've tried to shame others into keeping their mouths shut about GL and AS THE WORLD TURNS: we are not obligated to keeping these people employed. At all. They are, however, obligated to give their best to us, the audience; and if we feel they aren't doing that, then we have every right to complain.

• Members

And we don't have to know and/or appreciate the finer details of each person's job BTS to offer those opinions either.

But, hey, I forgot: if we're bitchin' about how lousy it all is, then the show's a success! My bad!

• Members

Thank you these people are no different from regular working people. If you don't do your job well you get fired. Eeven if you do do your job well sometimes you just get fired. In the business they are in they know they went in knowing they'd likely be ut of work more than they'd be working. It's the nature of the entertainment business. Soap stars are't special.

• Members

Television is subjective, we should be allowed to like or dislike whatever we choose. This isn't like sports where a team can be judged by wins and losses.

For the record, I have less issues than a lot of people here about GH. That said after emotional nightmares of my soap viewing past, I've been able to "harden" myself so I don't feel as screwed.

• Members

I don't feel screwed - to be honest I have never had an emotional investment in GH. I just hate the lowest common denominator trash being endlessly praised as the best and brightest of soap. I hate the idea that men who spend years laughing at daytime and spreading very dangerous views on subjects like rape, mental illness, and bullying are constantly passed off as representing everything soaps are supposed to be. I hate the cult of personality which means these men are praised for who they are, and how many want to have sex with them. It just shows how meaningless the actual quality of a soap is today.

• Members

Same. All of us who battled against the Jammies, the Jevas, the Mannyacs, the Rassies, the GusHers, and all the other whack-job fanbases in the name of GUIDING LIGHT had to develop thicker skins. It was the only way we could have maintained our dignities, sanities, and good spirits.

• Members

I widh people would stop with the lost of jobs commentary, those in the entertainment business go into it knowing that steady employment is never a given. Furthermore, shows gets cancelled all the time in primetime how come this issue never comes up with primetime shows.

I also agree it is not the viewers position to keep the show on the air or the staff employed.

Archived