GH: Discussion for the Month of June

• Members

Okay, I actually like the new opening. There are only two things I don't like:

1) It's REALLY hard to see the pictures on the sides. I was only able to see Maurice Benard and Julie Berman. I can't figure out who else is there. So I wish those were larger, or that it was a couple seconds longer so we could see.

2) There's no ambulance. EVERY GH opening has had an ambulance, except for the nurses station one.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont really like the skyline either since it's not proportionate from the original open. Since the 1975 open the hospital was facing a highway now the hospital is facing the river and behind towering buildings. I just wish RC would look at the original open and fix this error.

• Members

Actually, this show writes exactly that. It may not be effective crime drama but it's there, especially as it continues to be almost completely devoid of any love and romance. On this show there's murder, rape, kidnapping, bad cops, baby switching, occasional drug running, continuous gangsters with their gunplay, and the list goes on and on. All of it falling under one category: CRIME.

• Members

Re: New Opening,

Its very short, the music is nondescript, and the usage of extremely old pictures other than that its fine. I'm not suprised the ambulance was eliminated since it hasn't been a real hospital show in a very long time...but I always liked it.

• Members

Well. It's kinda like this. They could do a better opening for a show that just won the Emmy for Best Drama.

Also..Just making time for more ads. I'm sick of everything being over commercialized in this day and age. You really don't notice it until you watch a sitcom or a drama from the 70s/80s/90s on DVD for the first time and realize how much is cut for commercials when the same episode is rerun on TV.

I read yesterday on another soap forum. Or, it may have been here. That back in 1999 that General Hospital was a minute and a half longer than it is today. Even with the 50 second Faces Of The Heart opening. That's pretty ridiculous.

Also. Most of the ads run in daytime and primetime both are for medication and medical issues. I don't want to see a flipping erectile dysfunction commercial every time I turn around. But, I do anyways.

Plus, to me. The opening/theme song of a show is a presentation. It says "Watch our show....Cause, we have an awesome theme song/opening" It also makes the program memorable.

I can start singing a theme song and most everyone knows the show it comes from.......like this.

"Come and knock on our door. We've been waiting for you...." See. Bet you wanna watch Three's Company now right?

If I started humming Faces Of The Heart in public. Someone might wanna go watch GH. Now, there's nothing to hum or sing. Or actually give identity to a program. And, it's bullcrap.

Archived