DAYS: June Discussion Thread

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the problem is that EJ was the last character Days ever hit pay dirt with which is a problem because Days in general just has no new blood to help it along. They just bring back the same vets over and over again. EJ in a way really revitalized the show when he first came on during his DiMeria story and I haven't really felt much excitement since then over a new character. That's why I am against throwing him away unless there are at least two leading males who can do what he can and as of now no one on the canvas can do what he does. He really just adds interest and color to everyone he interacts with. Isn't his contract coming back up? He only signed again for a year didn't he?

I don't get it either. There are too many damn men in her story. Daniel, Rafe, EJ and probably more. There's just too much and it's further conflated when you add in Rafe's dalliances as well.

• Members

I would care more about Will hating Sami if it didn't come out of nowhere and then amount to the same scene for months on end.

I think Will and EJ is a story that is interesting mostly because it will never happen. If CM had to do something beyond drunk smirks then people would lose interest.

• Members

Days can't afford acting coaches anymore and they can't rehearse and their shooting schedule just doesn't lend itself to good acting or developing good acting skills. Plus he works with mostly Tic laden actors on that show where scenery chewing and yelling are rewarded also I think his Will is patterned after JJ's final year as crying and screaming Lucky on GH. And to this day JJ is praised as some acting god.

• Members

That's not going to happen when he already has a job on a soap and probably has upwards of 30 pages of dialogue to memorize within a days time. He probably doesn't have a lot of time off. Most soap stars don't.

• Members

Lisa Brown said it herself (to Michael Logan, during an interview about GL's final weeks): actors should set aside at least a half-hour (or so) because they need that time to rehearse. At the very least, the rehearsal would help them bring more "life" to the scripts.

• Members

Frankly I don't buy that they don't have time for mentoring or training of any kind. With the tight taping schedules, Days is one of those shows where they tape like 8 to 10 shows a week so that they can shutdown for 2 weeks after taping 3. So these actors get close to 18 weeks of downtime a year. I'd love a Job where I get almost 4 months vacation a year.

Archived