Arrow: Discussion Thread

• Members

I can't believe I didn't come and comment about last week's show. I like the way they are handling the Sara/Oliver/Felicity kinda triangle. Loved Felicity and Oliver's talk at the end and her being high on oxy was so much fun. Emily does a great job playing Felicity with her insecurities and all.

That Oliver/Laurel blow up was MONTHS in the making. I was actually cheering OUT LOUD for him everytime he spoke to her in that hallway. She really had become the most selfish woman I've seen in ages. Everyone was out to get her and everything that happened was someone else's fault. I hope that was the end of the Laurel we've seen the majority of this season.

As for last night's show? Bah. I hated it. I hate the island stuff more every week. I simple do not care and I HATE Slade. I've hated him from the beginning. And I don't think Manu is that amazing as an actor. He always looks constipated. My dream is to let Slade and Malcolm kill one another. Offscreen where I don't have to see either of them again. It was a wasted episode IMO.

Edited by Becki

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I love island flashbacks. But last night was a little heavy on them, which meant there was less Felicity and Diggle than usual. But I love that Slade is the bad bad, and he's not a one & done villain of the week. (and amazingly, didn't miss Laurel at all.)I guess this will be the part where we learn Slade was responsible for most of Ollie's scars.

The end shot of Slade's empty eye socket was beyond gross.

Not sure I'm going to dig the Suicide Squad stuff---my brain is on past-character overload.

I will say I do appreciate how they handle Ollie's backstory though. I just got a backstory-rich Person of Interest this week, and they space them so far apart, details get forgotten.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I can appreciate it as Digg's backstory, but otherwise, I think the story just strayed too far from TeamArrow. This felt like a back-door pilot and it annoyed me on some levels.

And it started off with such promise, with Felicity bringing Digg hot cocoa in her jams.

I did begin to wonder however, if Slade's "plan" was ultimately just to let a paranoid Ollie drive away everyone he cared for himself.

• Members

I loved last night's episode simply because it focused on Diggle and something other than Team Arrow drama. I can not stand Oliver Queen. Must he sleep with or have had a romantic past with every woman unrelated to him. Looks like has had a thing with Waller too. I just can't deal.

I would watch the Suicide Squad any day over Team Arrow at this point. I hope a spin off is In the works so I can stop watching this show for my Diggle fix.

• Members

Last week's show was well done once again. I enjoy seeing the occasional episode that focuses on someone on Team Arrow. (Although I'm still waiting for a Felicity-entric episode. ). It's been a weird few shows though. To me it's like we've started a different season. There's not been alot of tie in with the episodes from earlier this season. And unlike last year, I feel like the first half of the season was more explosive. BUT we have about 6 or 7 more so that opinion is subject to change. :)

BOTH of my kids have started watching season 1 on Netflix. It's like I'm in an alternate universe. We never watch the same shows!

• Members

This was a fun one. Black Canary vs The Huntress was just fanwank video game stuff, but it is fun to wonder about who would win. I guess we can say Canary would win but Huntress gave a good showing of herself. Now we just need Roy "Speedy" to get into a super strength match up against Slade for a little WWE style silliness.

Poor Thea, she has no idea Ollie is the one who lies the most. I think he chose poorly when it came to Roy and Thea because Thea is the one thing that brings Roy back to his senses, and she was a healthy and needed influence. Now Roy will probably blame himself and go on a solo rampage and get himself hurt in the process.

• Members

I miss Moira.

I don't even know where that Thea speech came from. Didn't she repeatedly berate Ollie in season one for keeping things from her? Has she just forgotten the sudden chilliness between Ollie and Moira? *shakes head*

• Members

Well this was an episode for secrets. Oliver was a complete idiot giving his company over like that, but that's life. Now that Laurel knows the truth I guess she will be extra naggy. Now that Thea knows the truth I guess it is time for Malcolm to return and for Thea to go with him. I am not sure which way it is going to go but either Malcolm gets redeemed saving Thea and Ollie from Slade or Slade gets redeemed saving Thea and Ollie from Malcolm. Roy's punch barely registered on Slade so perhaps the drug gets stronger over time?

Pretty solid episode but nothing terribly exciting.

• Members

As much hype as it got, I was expecting Thea to be in a little more danger.

Even knowing Summer Glau's rep, I gotta say that fight with her and Ollie kind of blew my mind. I never expected to see her in action. I wonder who Isabel is and what her beef is with Ollie?

I loved how everyone was saying "no, don't go, Ollie" and little Felicity gets up in his face, practically orders his ass to go, and backs his play because she knows it would kill him not to go. My 'shipper heart practically exploded!

Good solid episode. I don't care that Laurel knows, but I'm sure it's going to cause trouble.