• 1 month later...
  • Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

In other casting news...

JR Ramirez (Power) has been tapped to play Ted "Wildcat" Grant.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/29/j-r-ramirez-arrow-wildcat/

I read somewhere today that in the extended version of the Season 3 promo Oded Fehr played the part of Ra's. It would be AMAZING if he were to be the one playing the actual role!!!

And here's the extended clip...there's an extra 15 seconds at the end...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t1jcQjEsaw

Edited by Becki

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Holy Hell! They didn't mess around with this premiere. The last minute is a total WTF but clearly the whole season will be spun out of it. As for the rest, Brandon Routh finally is ready to play Superman. He has the Clark Kent awkward kindness thing down cold in the mode of Christopher Reeve, it is just a shame he played Superman way too soon, because he is ready for that role now. Ray I think will work out well for the show, and I assume Felicity will fall for him and make Oliver jealous. As for Oliver and Felicity, well the show went there with them but it was right with what they eventually went with. The Lances are still boring (well two of them anwyay) and Diggle was never my favorite character so we shall see what fatherhood does for his storyline. Roy looks ok in costume and I know he had super strength at one point but I don't recall when he learned to be an expert fighter. The Canary...speechless. Obvious frame job, no doubt by the League.

Oh, and interesting that the Barry scene inserted in here actually falls into the middle of the Flash episode. I think maybe the intent was Arrow premiere before The Flash.

Edited by quartermainefan

• Administrator

The ending was shocking! But definitely nice setup for the season. I read that the show took a long shot and offered Ra's to Liam Neeson to reprise his role, just in case he was able to or wanted to. I'm surprised TPTB wanted to connect the show to the Nolanverse.

I liked Routh as Clark Kent in Superman Returns (I really liked the movie too).

• Members

Honestly, I was a little disappointed, until the ending saved it. It felt really rushed---Olicity's two second date, Det. Lance's health problems, the birth of Dig and Lila's daughter, introducing the new guy AND the Flash tie-in...(which was unexpected) I just would have liked to see a little more time to all of those subplots.

• Members

Nice too see all the Merlins back on screen, even the dead ones! I am not all that excited with where they are going with Thea. So now he is a trained killer too? It sort of diminishes Sara, Olliie and the League of Assassin when now everyone and literally their sister can make the cut. Still liking Brandon Routh but I am patiently waiting for the show to do its spin on the Ray Palmer story as all comics fans know it.

• Members

They are trying so freakin' hard to make Katie Cassidy work---at some point you'd think they'd just wake up and realize it really is her and cut their losses. I loved Tommy, and reading that part of the reason he was killed was because that triangle wasn't working just pissed me off.

Still a little underwhelmed...hopefully it'll start picking up soon. I'm anxious to see Felicity's backstory. I don't know Brandon Routh/RayPalmer/The Atom from holes in the wall---but so far, I'm not really digging it. Maybe it's because I don't trust he's not the big bad, maybe I'm put off with how Olicity's been pushed and then stalled, I don't know.

• Members

"Malto Cortese" finally felt like an Arrow episode to me. Loved Malcolm telling Thea everyone feels pain--it's a choice to suffer. I wish they had spent a little more time with Thea/Malcolm's training. Felicity's jaw dropping at her new office was cute.

But seeing Laurel get her ass beat up was the highpoint for me. Does that make me evil? LOL.

• Members

I don't know where they shot Corto Maltese, but if I was Thea there would be no way I'd leave paradise for cold, grimey Starling City. This was a good episode, and I liked that they included another DC character, Ted Grant. Thea's pain fighting thing is a little silly though. Even if she could block out the pain, she would still have burns. Laurel is still a dud, as is daddy. I think it's good that they are sending Felicity over to Flash and it would be a good idea if they could keep the shows close the way The Six Million Dollar Man often ran into The Bionic Woman.